RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Help with Windsheild

Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Help with Windsheild

I was hopping on getting some suggestion on how to replace the windshield of this ferrari so it looks real. The sky will be change for someting similar but there will be cloud tru the windsheild. Sorry I can't post the faces of this image. hope you can help!

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tag.jpg (79.2 KB, 88 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2009, 06:50 PM

Re: Help with Windsheild

i very new to this but have to tried useing the clone tool to add the cloudes/ocean into the windshield.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Basically, you just fill the area in with an appropriate image. If the image is large enough, you might add a little noise to simulate dirt, and overlay another image at very low opacity to represent the reflection of what is in front of the glass. Since this is a windshield, a tint band at the top would be appropriate too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tag2.jpg (37.9 KB, 34 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks dave, I will try your way.

Any other ideas on how to do this...Anybody?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Are the car and sky on separate layers so that you can mask out the window to reveal the sky?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2009, 12:07 PM

Yes. Originaly the car and the subject where photograph in a garage in front of a blue wall. but i just cant have the sky showing tru the windshield. There should be a diffirence because there is always a tint and some sort of texture when you look tru it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Here's one way:

1. Make a selection for the windshield, then add a layer mask to the car layer and use a dark shade of gray to fill the selection on your mask. This will give you a slightly less than full transparency thru your window to represent a degree of glass density.

2. Reselect your window and add an HSL layer above, shift the hues toward green to represent the tint of the window glass.

3. Make a selection across the top of the window for the sun strip. Add a curves or levels adjustment layer to darken this strip.

I think that should get you 90% there. If it's not convincing perhaps adding some concave distortion thru the glass would help. Do a copy merge of all your layers (CMD+OPT+SHIFT+E) reselect your window and CMD+J to jump it to it's own layer. Transform>Warp it a little to capture the bend of the glass.

Maybe revisit your darkening adjustment layer and work the mask to darken the sides of the window to to represent additional glass density at the edges.

I'm just an intermediate PS user, I'm sure their are pros here who could recommend even better, but I think this would get you pretty far.

Last edited by Flashtones; 07-04-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2009, 04:58 PM

if i were u... i would select the windshield(preferably with the pen tool) then save the selection. then copy and paste an image of the sky on its own layer. load your selection and select the inverse and delete the un-necessary sky... then deselect. then do final adjustment such as Hue/Saturation(try to lighten it up so it looks like the widow has light comeing thru it)... and if you want make a sun strip... but most Ferraris dont...
Ex.
http://www.dieselstation.com/wallpap...i-Enzo-001.jpg

hope it helped
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching