RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to save an image without one channel?

Old 07-09-2009, 01:01 PM

Re: How to save an image without one chanel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedo View Post
Ok, i think we can stop this OT...I understand what u're talking about but I think every place have it's own problems. Now I live in Italy, I'm from Prague, and believe me, the same shit here, maybe worse.: no respect for anyone.

Anywhere, when I was in Argentina i found just great people, very friendly and I felt like at home, i'm in love with that land, it's a very strong sensation.
Well... the north of Argentina has better, more polite people, same at the south. The big problems are in in the center, where the density of people is bigger. However, when I list some of the usual things from here to some friends from the U.S. or Europe, such Poland, Norway, England, Wales, etc (I'm plenty of virtual friends al around the world) they say exactly the same than you "we have the same problems" but, when I give examples of what happens here they just cannot believe. you may have some unpolite citizens in your country, but they will not surpass the common sense nor they are not an important amount of people. In Argentina, you cannot know if the guy in the car will grab a gun and kill you just because you crossed the street with the green light for you, red for the car, as it should be. And I'm not exagerating, it's pretty common to read that kind of things in the newspaper. Not to mention how hard is to open a bank account, and even impossible for some kind of special things like working abroad and freelance. I have solved my freelance problem but by buying a debit card issued in N.Y. not in Argentina, you see... And also, I have had a problem with that card few months ago and I just contacted the bank from N.Y. by chat, and the phoned me from the U.S. to solve my problem with the ATM in Argentina. They fixed the problem in 10 minutes. In Argentina, banks have some kind of automatic thing at the phone that never gives the solution. About administrative problems here, who screams louder win. Nothing about common sense or diplomatic/dialog things. I remembering the day my Apple Cinema Display got a dead pixel, I just went to the Apple Store in Córdoba and I have had to do a big noise and I didn't got a replacement... But surprisely, they phoned me 3 months later telling me that they got a new screen for me... You know what? A friend of mine bought 1 screen in the same place and he got the same problem than me but the difference was he was very well attended and they changed the monitor in 2 days because he bought a MacPro there, I just bought a monitor... And also, the guys in the apple store told me that 1dead pixel is not changeable, but my friend changed 2 monitors with 1 dead pixel! Lies, lies and more lies... Illegal deals... Later on, they changed my monitor because I menaced them to go to the justice. Well... apply the same concept to every little thing of the daily life. One thing is coming on vacations, another is living and dealing with thieves and lazy people.

I'll tell ya my first experience with the first world.

My first client was a Canadian Wedding Photographer. He sent me 50 pictures the first time, I retouched his pics, then he paid me. After that, he sent me the payment for 150 pictures before hand! And of course, I did the job when got the pics...
Well... My second client (and still working for him, almost 1 year of straight work!) sent me few pics, the same concept than with the Canadian. But, he didn't want to pay through Western Union, so he wanted me to get a credit/debit card (thanks to him I got the holy plastic from N.Y.). While trying to get a card, I worked for him for 3 months without getting a cent because I haven't had a way to receive the money, you know. Banks fees here are ridiculous high. Well, after dealing and dealing with that problem, I got the card and he paid me every cent for the around 700 pictures I edited for him! He's a WONDERFUL person. I don't know how much people in the world behaves like him, really, but he paid all.

Okay, in Argentina, in the first case, the retoucher would ran with the money. In the second case, the client would ran with the photos. So, I trust with eyes closed to any client from the first world, even if some of them are quite greedy, they pay, they always pay.

Will tell you another experience.

I use to create "digital drawings", specially for architectural stuff. I did a planimetry for another client from the U.S. I sent him the work and he missed the country when sending the money, don't know where he sent it but not to Argentina. I asked him if he would send me the money, that I did the work, etc... He told me something like "my values and moral doesn't allow me to cheat you, sorry for the improper" then he sent me more money than agreed. Same with the second client, who delayed the payment 1 day and, because of that, he added extra money to the payment...

When I comment these experiences with my friends in Argentina, they just cannot believe it... It's just unvelievable for every argentinean that those experiences are true. And Godmother surely can tell that difference. And every argentinean living in Spain can tell it as well. I know many, many people from Argentina which now are living in Spain or the U.S. They're waiting for me, but I'm not ready yet. And also, there are lots of professionals who went to the U.S. Canada and Europe that I know, starting by a cousin, who's living in Bruselas, even in Brasil daylife is nice.

If you know some spanish, here is an old song which describes Argentina 100% perfect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsAGpw5uwDU

Here are the lyrics (1935):

Tango Cambalache cantado por Carlos Gardel con imagenes del Siglo XX

Letra y musica de Enrique Santos Discepolo (1935)

Que el mundo fue y será una porquería
ya lo sé...
(¡En el quinientos seis
y en el dos mil también!).
Que siempre ha habido chorros,
maquiavelos y estafaos,
contentos y amargaos,
valores y dublé...
Pero que el siglo veinte
es un despliegue
de maldá insolente,
ya no hay quien lo niegue.
Vivimos revolcaos
en un merengue
y en un mismo lodo
todos manoseaos...

¡Hoy resulta que es lo mismo
ser derecho que traidor!...
¡Ignorante, sabio o chorro,
generoso o estafador!
¡Todo es igual!
¡Nada es mejor!
¡Lo mismo un burro
que un gran profesor!
No hay aplazaos
ni escalafón,
los inmorales
nos han igualao.
Si uno vive en la impostura
y otro roba en su ambición,
¡da lo mismo que sea cura,
colchonero, rey de bastos,
caradura o polizón!...

¡Qué falta de respeto, qué atropello
a la razón!
¡Cualquiera es un señor!
¡Cualquiera es un ladrón!
Mezclao con Stavisky va Don Bosco
y "La Mignón",
Don Chicho y Napoleón,
Carnera y San Martín...
Igual que en la vidriera irrespetuosa
de los cambalaches
se ha mezclao la vida,
y herida por un sable sin remaches
ves llorar la Biblia
contra un calefón...

¡Siglo veinte, cambalache
problemático y febril!...
El que no llora no mama
y el que no afana es un gil!
¡Dale nomás!
¡Dale que va!
¡Que allá en el horno
nos vamo a encontrar!
¡No pienses más,
sentate a un lao,
que a nadie importa
si naciste honrao!
Es lo mismo el que labura
noche y día como un buey,
que el que vive de los otros,
que el que mata, que el que cura
o está fuera de la ley...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 02:00 PM

Honey, I DO NOT AGREE with you at all.

I love my country and the ppl in it have more WARMTH than any other person in the world. And I have clients all over the world.

That song, is not about Argentina, it says: THE WORLD WILL ALWAYS BE A SHITTY PLACE, not Argentina.

Stadisticaly there was more insecurity in the 80's than there's now, but u believe the MEDIA so I bet u're hidding from the flu right now ¬¬

Hate how ppl like u can make a whole country seem horrid.

There are a lot of bad ppl as in every other part of the world. There's insecurity like there's in every other part of the world.

And about our health!!!! GO to ANY PUBLIC hospital in the world.... what? u can't find one that will help u if u don't have health insurance???? oh wait... did u went in for a consult and u got an appointment for 3 month from now??? cool... that doesn't happen in Argentina because our public health is good. I have a client in a very well respected city with no health insurance at the moment he wanted to see a clinic doctor, for a stomach condition he had to wait 2 month and u call OURS bad? come on, here u get treated in the day, he could have died in the waiting period.

Can't believe u... we have some problems but we are honorable. I am, the ppl i know are too and.... u know what? u stayed here and u don't like it here... u should go with all that ppl who are waiting for u. If u're going to stay please do me the favor of NOT TRASHING your mother land.

One more thing: I'm from Argentina and I work BASED ON TRUST - always did- u pay me when u get the finished images and u like them... only got screwed one time and one time alone - by a Canadian(Love u guys, this is not a generalization) , my 2 Argentine clients have always paid in time and form and NEVER had any problems with them.

x
Natalia

Last edited by Godmother; 07-09-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Ok Quantum, again, I understand what are u talking about but i have to disagree. You are absolutely the first argentinian who don't talks well about his country and this is very strange... :-) Anyway everyone is free to think what he wants. I respect your ideas but my idea of argentina and of the people is different. I found there a lot of friends and they were with me as we know each other from years...and this is not so simple to find around.

I was in Baires, Cordoba and Catamarca, also in other minor places and everywhere i found some kinda of warm huge. Anyway, let's stop going ot, let's go in retouch. Have a nice day all of you and, nice to meet ya!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM

Godmother, you don't need to be a genius to know that first world countries are what they're because their organization. You could say they have some better things, but others which are worst... Well, I say there is not a 50/50 thing... First world countries are much better in any aspect, that's why they're first world countries, have a good government, a good healt care system, laws, education, etc... Just open wikipedia or whatever similar thing and look for the data about Argentina and the data of any first world country and make a comparisson. Take out the flag from your eyes and read, please.

I don't hate you, and by the way, there is a lot of argentineans who "love" Argentina, same like you, but they care a shit about you, me and the "Mother Land", just see their attitude, how they dirt all the streets, how they don't respect nothing... Few days ago I told to a guy, who dropped some papers to the sidewalk to pick up those papers, that he was ditying the Mother Land, I asked him if he was argentinean, and he said "si/yes", so I told him he was dirtying his own Mother Land, and what the hell he told me? Nothing... Did he picked up the papers? Nope... And hey, that wasn't the only guy in my way, you know. Just one person got realized of what he was doing... So, please, who trashes? But yeah, wait for football and the international championship cup and all argentineans are soooo cool!!! But when Argentina loses a match, argentineans just "forget" all the "spontaneous friendship" and all comes to normality, which is the topic between you and me: the argentinean reality. And that's just an example... There are as much as daily life facts. I put facts here, very well known facts by argentineans, weird you don't say a word about that in your politician-like speech...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedo View Post
Ok Quantum, again, I understand what are u talking about but i have to disagree. You are absolutely the first argentinian who don't talks well about his country and this is very strange... :-) Anyway everyone is free to think what he wants. I respect your ideas but my idea of argentina and of the people is different. I found there a lot of friends and they were with me as we know each other from years...and this is not so simple to find around.

I was in Baires, Cordoba and Catamarca, also in other minor places and everywhere i found some kinda of warm huge. Anyway, let's stop going ot, let's go in retouch. Have a nice day all of you and, nice to meet ya!
It's okay, but every citizen will deffend its Mother Land the same than his own mother. Patriot feelings goes beyond reality most of the time. Every argentinean will say you all is super cool in Argentina. I speak the truth, or at least, a big part of it. Patriot feelings don't blind my reason, never. What you have had here was your experience, but that was your PoV as tourist and that's cool but it means go partiying, and the like, not to paying taxes or any other duty of that kind so your personal opinion is not valid at that point. Other than that, I'm glad you passed a good time around here...

Last edited by Quantum3Studio; 07-10-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching