Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Please help me - background change

Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Unhappy Please help me - background change

I want to say first of guys are great. I was actually a member of this forum in the past but just signed up again. I have learned tons by being on here. My tons, however, probably equal about nothing to most of you. I absolutely love "trying" to work with photoshop, but I couldn't tell you the amount of time I have walked away from the computer threatening to delete the program. I follow tutorials and feel like I do exactly what they say.....and I get no where. So my question is this....

I have these two pics. I am trying to remove the background on one and put the beach background on it. How in the world do I do this??

I'm at work originals are on my home computer. I have done some touchup work on the beach pic there, but now I am stuck. I spent hours last night trying to get the girl cut out of the pic and moved to the beach, but I just gave up.

Any pointers would really be appreciated.

SIGH....I just suck today. I can't even get my pics to load. I'd be happy to send them to anyone who thinks they may have some pointers for me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Re: Please help me - background change

iheartpurses, welcome back to Retouch Pro. It sounds like you are heading in the right direction - extracting the girl and placing her on the pic with the beach background - but are having difficulty removing her from her original background. The 1st thing I would recommend you do is attached that pic of the girl here so that members can see what you are dealing with. There are many ways to do the extraction or masking but it depends on the image. Tools like Magnetic Lasso, Background Eraser, Quick Select, Magic Wand, Extract Filter, work well on some backgrounds. For others you may need to do some channel combining and masking. For others the Pen tool might be the best solution. And some images migt require a combination of multiple tools and techniques.
It would be best if you attached the image or posted it somewhere.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching