RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Yes..that is the way I see it...a link is okay, but making a copy and posting to another site is not acceptable and I believe illegal, but probably difficult to do anything about.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
How so you post images that big here..?
Do you have to send them to a link? The server here ost are way to tiny.
Felix
If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here:
Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)
How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads?(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also please attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
Other Hosts if you do not have your own site:
ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image.
Remember to attach an under 100K version in the thread so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links.
You can also use these Free sites: (YouSendIt.com); (Podmailing.com);(Pando.com); (Sendspace.com) to send your original to your own email address, then open that email message, copy the link, and post that link in the thread.

Or you can become a Patron and double the posting size to under 200K.. plus other benefits
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
Ain't gonna happen!! They seem to be sooooo insistent, now they have the tools.... lets see if they show us some WIPs
I like u! I miss Ant - what ever happened to him?

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM

The second of those two images is good, and sensitively done. In my opinion the first is overdone and a bit 'cardboard' looking. Not sure if its just oversharpening, thats the problem.

As for how to get there, PhiladelphiaPro, I think you may be better listening to Natalia and Nienna, that to any of the links that you've been given, although probably with a good heart, in post 15. Because if you waste your time thinking that any of those techniques are your going to produce that result, then you will get frustrated and probably be forced to give up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
The second of those two images is good, and sensitively done. In my opinion the first is overdone and a bit 'cardboard' looking. Not sure if its just oversharpening, thats the problem.

As for how to get there, PhiladelphiaPro, I think you may be better listening to Natalia and Nienna, that to any of the links that you've been given, although probably with a good heart, in post 15. Because if you waste your time thinking that any of those techniques are your going to produce that result, then you will get frustrated and probably be forced to give up.
Nope ... not a good heart... just being facetious and giving/or telling them the answers they seemed to want to hear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaPro View Post
Hi,
the question at hand is pretty simple but I can never seem to find a direct answer. It's clear that this person skin was not this pourous or perfect because I see what seems to be the exact same texture (which I'm looking to achieve), on a ton of retouched work. Does anyone know how I can achieve the texture?
Thanks in advance.
The direct answer is , as Markzebra pointed out... Over-sharpen for the first one.. maybe High Pass?..

The second one... get a great MUI and a model with smooth skin who is not going to blink all the time with feathers glued to her eyes
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 AM

Oooo...when you plough through this thread...there's some great info hidden amongst all the other "stuff". Thanks for the info on the brushes Olbaldy. I can hardly wait to try them.

Skin texture is one of those vexing issues. There seems to be tons of different ways to achieve the same result.

EDIT: And NO, I'm not the original poster logged in under a different name.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty0 View Post
Skin texture is one of those vexing issues. There seems to be tons of different ways to achieve the same result.
When you get 100Mb raw file to retouch, with perfect lighting and apply DB to it then you will see that there are not tons of different ways to do it - just one - and it's perfect.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skauskas View Post
When you get 100Mb raw file to retouch, with perfect lighting and apply DB to it then you will see that there are not tons of different ways to do it - just one - and it's perfect.
Oooo...wouldn't that be nice :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 AM

D&B - the only way to get fine result. It was discussed in first RetouPro Live Webinar, and Chris Tarantino showed how to do it correctly. Of course You Can use levels and mask, use gray in soft light, use whatever You like, but it is always D&B and You can get awesome results.
Here is a little before and after done with this technique (pic taken with Canon 50D):
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...zjamtw&thumb=6
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...mhiixt&thumb=6
And still, after 1h D&B more can be done to make the skin looks better.

And belive me, I have spend over one year searching other, faster methods for doing a good looking skin, and I can say, that I have lost so much time for nothing. D&B does great result, only have to try it by Yourself .
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-24-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
I like u! I miss Ant - what ever happened to him?

xx

he left because of threads like this....as did many others!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching