RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Old 07-25-2009, 03:15 PM

Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Cyberek which image on your website did you spend an 2 hours on? Cannot find any.
Please refer to some of the images that you have spent hours on.
A lot of your girls on your website need more retouching under there eyes if you asked me.
I thought with all your talk about techniques your website might reflect it, but I cannot anything on your website that would make me say, hey this guy knows what he/she is talking about?
Am I going to the wrong website. Is it the one with wedding images and some concert pictures??
Thanks for clearing that up
Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM

snook305 - You are right and wrong ... the site in footer is site with wedding photography, which i'm now advertising over net . There are no or few images that i worked more than 0,5-1h, and none of skin work. The page with studio photography is just beeing prepared, so there is no direct link. The example 1h work with d&b is in links that i have posted on previous page.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
so the average d&b is going to take 2.5 to 3 hours per image??
There is no average. To do properly, will, or should generally take longer than that. Its only worth taking time on well shot images of course.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
Meaty0 - You even can change optic of a face with d&B .
what does that mean?
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
There is no average. To do properly, will, or should generally take longer than that. Its only worth taking time on well shot images of course.
I see what you mean...although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required...but yes...why spend a lot of time on an "average" image.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM

toan thai - if You have watched tutorial that i have linked for, there is "ponny" removed from forehead. After that a bulb like skin can be seen there. With d&b its beeing removed. Same way can be ured to narrow face opticly (just like good make up does). So in some way d&b can help improve makeup and lightning (but dont get me wrong, it will not substitute them imo).
Ps. Im not expert in d&b. Im practicing it from 2 months, but can see the diffrence now
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required.
Doesn't work like that, quite the opposite. The better those factors, the more work is required not less.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-25-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty0 View Post
I see what you mean...although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required...but yes...why spend a lot of time on an "average" image.
Just imagine the more details you see in the photo the more you'll have to retouch even if its a good photograph. No matter how evenly I try to light there are always shadows I'm interested in making disappear...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
toan thai - if You have watched tutorial that i have linked for, there is "ponny" removed from forehead. After that a bulb like skin can be seen there. With d&b its beeing removed. Same way can be ured to narrow face opticly (just like good make up does). So in some way d&b can help improve makeup and lightning (but dont get me wrong, it will not substitute them imo).
Ps. Im not expert in d&b. Im practicing it from 2 months, but can see the diffrence now
I think he/she is trying to say contouring... Optical is some word they invented because he/she did not know what the word was.. Probably a language barrier.

Cyberek kind off topic but are you Male or Female, cannot tell from your image.. Kind of look like Pat from Saturday Night Live
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
I think he/she is trying to say contouring... Optical is some word they invented because he/she did not know what the word was.. Probably a language barrier.

Cyberek kind off topic but are you Male or Female, cannot tell from your image.. Kind of look like Pat from Saturday Night Live
cof troll cof

3 and counting...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching