RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:15 PM
snook305's Avatar
snook305 snook305 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South
Posts: 426
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Cyberek which image on your website did you spend an 2 hours on? Cannot find any.
Please refer to some of the images that you have spent hours on.
A lot of your girls on your website need more retouching under there eyes if you asked me.
I thought with all your talk about techniques your website might reflect it, but I cannot anything on your website that would make me say, hey this guy knows what he/she is talking about?
Am I going to the wrong website. Is it the one with wedding images and some concert pictures??
Thanks for clearing that up
Snook
Reply With Quote top
  #42  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Cyberek's Avatar
Cyberek Cyberek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 137
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

snook305 - You are right and wrong ... the site in footer is site with wedding photography, which i'm now advertising over net . There are no or few images that i worked more than 0,5-1h, and none of skin work. The page with studio photography is just beeing prepared, so there is no direct link. The example 1h work with d&b is in links that i have posted on previous page.
Reply With Quote top
  #43  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Markzebra's Avatar
Markzebra Markzebra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: London, UK
Posts: 718
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
so the average d&b is going to take 2.5 to 3 hours per image??
There is no average. To do properly, will, or should generally take longer than that. Its only worth taking time on well shot images of course.
Reply With Quote top
  #44  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
toan thai's Avatar
toan thai toan thai is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: montgomery village, md
Posts: 87
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
Meaty0 - You even can change optic of a face with d&B .
what does that mean?
Reply With Quote top
  #45  
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Meaty0 Meaty0 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 19
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
There is no average. To do properly, will, or should generally take longer than that. Its only worth taking time on well shot images of course.
I see what you mean...although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required...but yes...why spend a lot of time on an "average" image.
Reply With Quote top
  #46  
Old 07-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Cyberek's Avatar
Cyberek Cyberek is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 137
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

toan thai - if You have watched tutorial that i have linked for, there is "ponny" removed from forehead. After that a bulb like skin can be seen there. With d&b its beeing removed. Same way can be ured to narrow face opticly (just like good make up does). So in some way d&b can help improve makeup and lightning (but dont get me wrong, it will not substitute them imo).
Ps. Im not expert in d&b. Im practicing it from 2 months, but can see the diffrence now
Reply With Quote top
  #47  
Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Markzebra's Avatar
Markzebra Markzebra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: London, UK
Posts: 718
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required.
Doesn't work like that, quite the opposite. The better those factors, the more work is required not less.
Reply With Quote top
  #48  
Old 07-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Cuervo79's Avatar
Cuervo79 Cuervo79 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 372
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaty0 View Post
I see what you mean...although with really good lighting, sharp and clear photography and good makeup..I would have thought less time with d&b would be required...but yes...why spend a lot of time on an "average" image.
Just imagine the more details you see in the photo the more you'll have to retouch even if its a good photograph. No matter how evenly I try to light there are always shadows I'm interested in making disappear...
Reply With Quote top
  #49  
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 AM
snook305's Avatar
snook305 snook305 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South
Posts: 426
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberek View Post
toan thai - if You have watched tutorial that i have linked for, there is "ponny" removed from forehead. After that a bulb like skin can be seen there. With d&b its beeing removed. Same way can be ured to narrow face opticly (just like good make up does). So in some way d&b can help improve makeup and lightning (but dont get me wrong, it will not substitute them imo).
Ps. Im not expert in d&b. Im practicing it from 2 months, but can see the diffrence now
I think he/she is trying to say contouring... Optical is some word they invented because he/she did not know what the word was.. Probably a language barrier.

Cyberek kind off topic but are you Male or Female, cannot tell from your image.. Kind of look like Pat from Saturday Night Live
Reply With Quote top
  #50  
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Godmother's Avatar
Godmother Godmother is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 814
Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
I think he/she is trying to say contouring... Optical is some word they invented because he/she did not know what the word was.. Probably a language barrier.

Cyberek kind off topic but are you Male or Female, cannot tell from your image.. Kind of look like Pat from Saturday Night Live
cof troll cof

3 and counting...
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orange Peel Skin Texture - How to get ray12 Photo Retouching 96 07-07-2013 11:20 PM
retouch no blur or healing brush mileeeeeeenaaaa Photo Retouching 56 08-05-2009 01:29 AM
skin glow - METHODS blaskica Photo Retouching 9 11-08-2008 07:23 PM
Impressionist plugin: Custom brushes DannyRaphael Photo-Art Resources 18 10-18-2008 04:17 PM
Creating an action/ksc to toggle brush krisdaloo Photo Retouching 5 07-09-2008 10:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved