RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Old 08-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Patron

Re: This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
You need to sort out the creases in her armpit and wrist. Other than that its looking…interesting. Impossible to see detail at that size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snook305 View Post
I actually left those as I like them but thanks..
I hate when the armpits are deminished to a single line like in Tartinos (sp) retouching..
Snook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
Ok well I can assure you thats the way its done generally. Either that on sometimes no crease whatsoever, and that's when I start agreeing with you.
Quote:
Well Mark I would agree with about 10% of what you write here if you had some kind of Image to hold up to your word...;+}
It is easy to comment all the time when you have nothing to show for what you speak..
right?
Snook
Snook, You have totally eradicate the nasolabial folds, smile lines, under eye wrinkles and every character line from the face and neck making them look very un-natural... then you state that you like the creases of the armpit... That's sort of like saying .. "Yea, I concentrating on making everything else wrinkle and blemish free and as perfectly flat as possible.. but left the armpit wrinkles way down there in the corner because I like em" (cough) BS (cough)

Oh yea, before you ask... I got nuttin to show you! 'Cause I feel it would serve no purpose..

Quote:
Originally Posted by d00dle View Post
snook, how do u get big attach image like that?
Quote:
You do a save for web/device in CS4 and make sure it is under 100k and then attach it here through the attachment device when you post.. Been here many years and never knew it either..I never attached anything becasue I found it too small and useless...:+]
Actually I thikn on the first post in this post they expalin how to do it..
Snook
Actually, it is my post @ Post #22 but, I guess snook was close to helping you..

Like Markzebra said, no further comments from me either

Peace Out!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 PM

Hey OlGrouchy, I mean Baldy, you have no idea what your talking about because I did not touch any Smile lines nor any nasal lines.
And the girl was not laughing so basically all your observations or off and really have no clue why you commented...
I was being a smart ass when I said I left them there cause I liked them.. The final image was cropped and the armpit was not even an issue.
But I guess his post was useless just like yours was/is.

I guess your all bent out of shape because I gave Doug the credit for the how to post an image..
Get some rest,
Snook

Here is a tight crop untouch/RAW just to keep your mouth extra shut.. (Cough) (Cough)
joyas47811.jpg

How's that for putting your foot in your mouth...
I think it is time for you to get a New Monitor (Cough) (Cough)

Before some other wise guys mentions, yes I know the second image in the second post has different color, something happen to the quick transfer for web.

And yet another crop from the 100% RAW NO Adjustments:
It is called Good girl, good make up artist and ofcourse good lighting.
joyas47755.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post

Oh yea, before you ask... I got nuttin to show you! 'Cause I feel it would serve no purpose..

Have you ever posted anything, But Opinion?

Last edited by snook305; 08-03-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Patron

I am glad that we agree that you are a smart ass! Which, by the way, was the point of my post...

I think you might be one of the most colorful high-jackers I have seen... By reading through a lot of your posts it seems that you attack most everyone you have Social intercourse with... You also seem to be a Master Baiter.. because at the end of your diatribe you always bait your prey for a response... What a clever fellow you are..

The thread is supposed to be.. "This Skin Texture (Brush or Pattern)??"
Not... "see Snooks pictures, he has a great MUI, and either he or his minions can create lighting to change his models into objet d'art ... and BTW everyone else sucks"

This is a site for learning, please try to be helpful

So long, Snook, I hardly knew ye.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 09:28 AM

That is exactly what I thought.
And yes I accept your form of apology even though you wrote it in your very own special articulate way.
You sure write well, but since this is a retouching forum I do not see how it is relative.

If I need to find something on the site I'll ask you as you seem to have everything filed away nicely ready to show everyone you know the directory here so well.

Do you actually even retouch or use what you copy and paste?

Don't let the door hit you on the @ss on your way out..
See ya.
Snook

Last edited by snook305; 08-04-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 10:38 AM

mark is one of the VERY FEW here that offers constructive feedback, and tips as well...that are worth a damn....i picked up a great tip from him & ant in another forum that saves a bunch of time for me when that little tip comes into play.

learn from these people.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 11:55 AM

KR I Do agree with you that Mark usually offers pretty spot on constructive criticism.
What is troublesome is that a lot of these "Helpers" Do not usually have anything to show to prove what they preach so to say, so you cannot always go by what they say.
I find it funny that Olbaldy says I am the one posting like I know it all and I have never come off thatway ever, on the contrary I have never said my way is the only way.
Unlike OlButchy and Godmother who seem the ones that jump down peoples throat and usually with out offering help.
Godmother atleast has a site and shows her work which I respect her for, independent of whether I like her on a personal level or not.

So I have no idea what Ol Butchy was referring to, as he supposedly took the trouble to go through and look at all my post apparently.
Then he jumped on me saying my retouching was plastic and over done when in fact it was hardly touched at all as I showed him which apparently shut him up.
I usually have conflicts with the Big talkers here and the ones that do not offer any help,
So I do not know where he got his information from, But I could give a rats @ss about his opinion with that attitude and no back up of his work really makes it less believable.
Hey Mark No hard feelings and I believe you do give pretty good constructive criticism.
I just do not usually take it that well from people who hide behind the internet and have no identity, makes it to easy to talk cr@p and have an opinion with out substance.
Snook
I say what I feel and sleep well at night, if anybody has a problem with it they can always choose not to read my post, pretty easy.

If you want to hear how great you are and cannot take criticism you better get out of the fashion / retouching NOW.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Snook wins again!

Of course every time snook "wins" it degrades the forum and those of us who are here to share and learn seem to lose. But that's irrelevant - all that matters is that snook gets the last flame in... and wins!

The trophy (what's the contest again?) is sure to be his is no time at all!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 01:19 PM

Hey Frank DufusDorfus.. Long time no see.
Was wating for you to comment.. You just could not hold back.
Snook
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM

Nope, not Frank. Though I've witnessed that too.

The snook show just keeps rolling on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM

I'm a member of another photographer forum and someone posted a skin retouching recipe that I use on all my shots. I want to get better at retouching, but this has helped me a lot. Just trying to "Pay it Forward" and help someone else out. This is not my recipe or formula, just reposting it.

1. make a blank layer above the background document. Select the healing brush and make sure that the "sample all layers" box is checked. On the blank layer start doing your spot healing of blemishes. Take your samples from a clear area of skin with similar tone. Make sure the brush is maximum soft (ie 0% hardness)

2. when you're done that, create another new layer above that. With that layer active press ctrl/alt/shift+E . This will merge the background and blemish layers together onto the new layer (note this keeps your original intact). This will be your new working layer.

3. In your approach you then add a new layer and blur it. The problem with that is that you introduce dark tones into the overall blur that can bleed into the skin that. Do this instead: go to menu item:Select/ Color Range/ Sampled Colors. set the "add to sample" option and with a low fuzziness setting (around 25) begin selecting the model's skin area. Play around with sampling and different fuzziness settings until you have the skin almost all selected and none of the dark areas around the skin. Choose OK and now you will have a pretty thorough selection of the skin tones.

4. copy this to its own layer (ctrl-J)

5. Apply Median Noise to this layer only. You have to choose the amount to use. Adjust it up until skin detail just disappears and then a bit more. At this point the picture will look hideous.

Monochromatic noise can be added by selecting your skin layer, go up to filters and choose noise, there is a check box for monochromatic, set a low number (should look a little like faint pores) and then apply/ok. If it is too much then you can go under Edit (if I remember right) and choose Fade to fade the last filtered effect.

6. Now ... add a layer mask while pressing the Alt key ... this will add a Black layer mask and everything will then return to "normal"

7. Here's the part when you retouch the skin: Using a soft-edged paintbrush and white paint selected, choose an opacity of 20% or less and a brush size that's workable, start painting white on the layer mask just in the areas of the skin gradually reducing it's opacity until the skin is the way you like it.

That's it.

If you're going really heavy on the glamour, you'll want to add some monochromatic noise into the blurred areas to add skin "pores" back into the picture.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching