Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Problems with bad skin

Old 10-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Re: Problems with bad skin

Freddie, nice try but it looks like a uniform blur with a back-down of opacity. The uniformity and the blurriness is quite prominent. This might do for some applications but definitely not high end beauty work. Like everything you need to make a "time vs return" decision.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cuervo79 View Post
Thanx for the compliment, I feel I need to start learning a bit of drawing so I can give contour with shadows and highlights, I sometimes devoid volume from the stuff I'm retouching... Anyway this one's finished but there are 15 still to go from the session :s hahahaha
Would be interesting if you write 1 post, for each and every one of those 15 works left... LOL (Buen trabajo Cuervo, eres un profesional)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Thanks Murray. Your honesty is very much appreciated.

If you don't mind, could you also take a quick peek at this one? (Or anybody else for that matter.) I assure you, no blur was used at all. Oh, and no messing with the opacity whatsoever.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 PM

Freddie, see partial markup attached. It's better than your 1st one but a lot of work yet to do. Main cooments as follows:
- My 1st high level comment is you did not replace texture where it needed to be replaced. Look at the spots I circled and numbered 1 and then 2. On 1, you seem to have partially covered it and left the two dots in the center. The area around circle 2 looks blurred or partly dodged over. There are a few other examples. When you encounter texture anomalies like zits, bumps, etc you should clone / heal good texture over them instead of hiding or dodging / burning them.
- You seemed to have done a lot of dodging but not much burning. I circled a few spots but there are a ton of them particularly on the right side which were to bright and should have been burned. There are a few very bright spots that were not touched at all.
- If you zoom in to the lines under the eye you will see pink on the edges of a lot of most of them. They were in the original. After you dodge you should color correct them. There are some other random colors that need to be painted over on a color adjustment layer.
- Lower right arae of the image still looks a littel too pitted and grungy.
Please don't feel too bad. This image of C79's is one of the best examples of really bad skin and a retoucher's challenge. Definitely not recommended as an early retouching challenge and a lot of work to clean it up.
Regards, Murray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cuervo79 bad skin Freddie edit MM markup.jpg (157.3 KB, 35 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching