RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Liquify Tutorial?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Re: Liquify Tutorial?

Here is a pre-edit post to my Liquify Tutorial posted
on the PMA site from last July 2008.

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/blo...al-repost.html

Hope it helps.

Chris

Last edited by cricket1961; 08-12-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: post the link to my blog.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 02:33 PM

I love the samples and links. But is there anything more Human Body Specific?I head that Adobe was going to remove the LIquify tool from PS, then Play Boy Asked them to keep it in. and here we are today.
www.jefferywarren.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac View Post
I love the samples and links. But is there anything more Human Body Specific?I head that Adobe was going to remove the LIquify tool from PS, then Play Boy Asked them to keep it in. and here we are today.
www.jefferywarren.com
Mmmhhh... I cannot get your question, but Liquify is perfct for body reshaping. I use the "push left" tool a lot to fix every par of the body.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM

I was just looking for samples where they show working with a model. I shoot lots portraits and fashion and rarely use the Liquify tool. I know it has great power. I either make light adjustments properly or make people look defective.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Lightbulb Re: Liquify Tutorial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac View Post
I was just looking for samples where they show working with a model. I shoot lots portraits and fashion and rarely use the Liquify tool. I know it has great power. I either make light adjustments properly or make people look defective.
I see...

Well... I retouch lot of images, which involves the human body, and certainly I don't need other tool than the push left tool inside liquify. I rarely use the finger or pinch/buldge tools.

From my experience, I mostly fix arms, when they're too fat, noses, the fat located below the jaw, hip and abdomen, legs. Also the body lines such the one located in the join of the arm with the torax, not the armpit, but the join. Sometimes that line goes a bit like a wavy line so it must be straighten a bit, making the curve more harmonic. Sometimes the breast has some straight lines instead an smooth curve, so I fix that as well. Also shadows can be shaped when they're too curly/wavy, etc. I do all thes ethings with just the push left tool. Then, healing the shifted pixels by zooming a bit more than 100%

The settings I usually use for this is:

Brush size: depends on the picture size and the problem on the body.
Brush Density: 50.
Brush Pressure: 5-12.

Brush Density means how much radius of the brush will be used to shift the pixels. Lower values will emphatize in the center of the brush while bigger values will emphatize all along the radius if the brush.

Brush Pressure means the strenght of the stroke, like the sensivity of the brush. Bigger values shifts pixels more agressively while lower values will shift the same amount of pixels but much more slower and accurated.

The other 2 options belongs to the other tools that I don't use.

Here is an example of before and after.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...talla3copy.jpg

or: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...talla3copy.jpg

I did the healling by using the original image next to the liquifyed one. Most of the cases using the same image for healing is enough.

Hope his help,

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks for posting this. I Was in Vegas for Skips Summer School and just got back. I'll definatly practice this. Thanks Again!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching