RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Skin Tone or Texture touch-up??

Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 PM

Skin Tone or Texture touch-up??

Hello All,

I am new here and was referred to this prestigious forum to seek guidance from the professionals and experts. I want to enhance my skills by learning more about touching up the skin tones and/or textures via photoshop on some of my photos. I need to learn on my own. I have been looking on youtube but I cant seem to find a tutorial for the african-american skin tones or even if that makes a difference. What do you suggest?

P.S. All I know up to this point is to go to filter and click on Sharpen or Surface Blur or both sometimes. I need to learn how to make the skin tone much smoother. Please advise
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Patron

Re: Skin Tone or Texture touch-up??

Kym, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, ask questions, have fun!

Quote:
I want to enhance my skills by learning more about touching up the skin tones and/or textures via photoshop on some of my photos. I need to learn on my own. I have been looking on youtube but I cant seem to find a tutorial for the african-american skin tones or even if that makes a difference. What do you suggest?
It depends on the quality of the pictures you are retouching..
High resolution pictures.. use The Dodge and Burn Technique.. Skin color should not matter that much after doing color corrections

On low resolution pictures there will be more latitude for covering up different things and you can get away with a multitude of techniques..

On the drop down menu under the 'Site Nav' Button at the top of each page there is a menu item called 'Tutorials' Click there for a wealth of information
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM

Re: Skin Tone or Texture touch-up??

Thanks a million....Im getting frustrated trying to find tutorials because I am so eager to learn and practice what I have learned.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching