RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Demystification of YERVANT

Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 AM

Re: Demystification of YERVANT

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/att...0&d=1251363942

I think its still lacking one important thing - goggling eyes, and an open mouth on the guy.

Last edited by Markzebra; 08-27-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/att...0&d=1251363942

I think its still lacking one important thing - goggling eyes, and an open mouth on the guy.
Plus the genitals on the statue in the background is out of focus
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 AM

Hey Garibaldi, don'¡t be so mad at Daniel. Of course, more than 1 here thinks he wrote more than needed in that latest delcaration, but he's just running such like a crazy trying to find something to do with Yerv. Sometimes we expect a quick reply and solution to our questions and it can be very frustrating when we have none. It's just a matter of time, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 07:10 AM

Man all this talking really takes the mystery out of those bad images. I think the objective of this thread has been reached!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 09:13 AM

oh im sorry if it came off that way, im not mad at all, trust me. i did find his reply to be more on the inconsiderate side, but i didnt take it personally. I think he should just buy the action set off the vervant site and then he can achieve the same results.

Last edited by garibaldi; 08-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
oh im sorry if it came off that way, im not mad at all, trust me. i did find his reply to be more on the inconsiderate side, but i didnt take it personally. I think he should just buy the action set off the vervant site and then he can achieve the same results.
Thank you G,
Now I go to try all what I learned here from you and all others nice guys.
I don't need the Yerv action set. I can do what I want to do with my knowledge and the software which I have.

D
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Hey Garibaldi, don'¡t be so mad at Daniel. Of course, more than 1 here thinks he wrote more than needed in that latest delcaration, but he's just running such like a crazy trying to find something to do with Yerv. Sometimes we expect a quick reply and solution to our questions and it can be very frustrating when we have none. It's just a matter of time, in my opinion.
Q,
I'm not crazy after Yerv. In my opinion he is better than many of you from here. I know well my position and that I made "bad images", as DJSoulglo said.
What is important for me is to keep learning and to improve my photo and retouch skills. We will see the progress in time.
Maybe we will meet again here whit others threads.

D
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Popescu View Post
I don't need the Yerv action set. I can do what I want to do with my knowledge and the software which I have.

D
Pardon me for sounding a little confused, didnt you come up here asking how to do it because you did not know how? Hey best of luck, I think youll find its not all that hard to do, and if you have decent software and know how to use it the ability to is there. and in the future, if you want someone to do some work on an image to show you how, and then you say afterwards that its just not up to snuff, well make it a better image you share. Put up one of vervs originals and well knock identicals out all day long, and prob even make them better than hes done. From what I remember on his site, I could critique the flaws right away but thats not what this thread was based on. I think what youre missing here is one critical fact, and that is that theres the post processing side, and then there is the capture side. You asked for help on the post side, and gave us your capture, which we cant dictate, so if the image lacks pizzaz of vervs, then that unfortunatley lies upon you.

Last edited by garibaldi; 08-27-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepiano View Post
Some of the images seems to use some Dodge and Burn. I did a try on one of your images, selectively chosing what to be bright or dark. The most used version of non destructive dodge and burn seems to be a empty layer with 50% grey set to Overlay and use a white or black color to brighten or darken ( you can also use the real Dodge and Burn tools on this layer ).

I also used a warming filter ( yellow )

The quality suffered some, to be under 100 kb.

Looks very Yervant-like pp to my eyes.
Great job!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-06-2009, 01:42 AM

had a bit of a play with one of Daniel's image,after reading about the Yervant look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedd.jpg (89.5 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg wedd2.jpg (93.4 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by daitri; 12-08-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching