RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Demystification of YERVANT

Old 08-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Re: Demystification of YERVANT

I dont see anything that is so spectacular there. whats the big mystery?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2009, 06:51 PM

This whole thread is YERVANT marketing, must be. YERVANT Self publicity. YERVANT. Why are the words YERVANT capitalized - as you said in terms of retouching there's nothing much going on there at all. …YERVANT.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 PM

most likely! what a dork, if you sign up as someone else and then pretend to post a thread making like someone wants to find out how you work your "magic" especially when theres no magic at all, thats pretty tasteless.

here, lets "de-mystify"

-shoot wide angle
-use lightroom
-use lr presets
-use lr vignette
-if in photoshop, overlay layers to block up the blacks and make too much contrast
-use gaussian blur layer set to overlay
-run std b&w or sepia conversions

there ya go. want it as an action? save your money ill make you one for free.

Last edited by garibaldi; 08-22-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
most likely! what a dork, if you sign up as someone else and then pretend to post a thread making like someone wants to find out how you work your "magic" especially when theres no magic at all, thats pretty tasteless.

here, lets "de-mystify"

-shoot wide angle
-use lightroom
-use lr presets
-use lr vignette
-if in photoshop, overlay layers to block up the blacks and make too much contrast
-use gaussian blur layer set to overlay
-run std b&w or sepia conversions

there ya go. want it as an action? save your money ill make you one for free.
a bit brutal your reply...
His photos are good, and the retouching isn't out of the ordinary, but there's definitely something there at least compared to some "action fantastic" wedding photographers I've seen. This is from the gallery of photos I saw, and most likely for those special photos they took a little more time than just running the action. At least that's what I would do for my portfolio if I was in weddings, not to mention editing the group to the best or second best..
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 12:26 AM

brutal is subjective. first look at danel popescu (Yervant or at least someone affiliated with him) new memeber, three posts ever, all having to do with yervant, all having a link to the website. come on! I didnt even think about it until mark pointed it out. makes perfect sense. So sure if youre gonna come in as a fake and try to trick people into thinking youre the bomb, then expect whatever comes flying back at you.

I honestly see nothing spectacular about his work. Since hes most likely fishing for attention and compliments, the website has no flow, its gimmicky, half the links are incomplete, and there is way to much crap and fluff all over it. the images are decently composed wedding shots sure, but thats kind of easy when your holding a camera above your head and shotting with a wide angle lens. as far as the post processing, its the typical stuff you often see. i feel like i see the same type of stuff over and over and over every month when that free issue of rangefinder magazine comes in the mail. the blacks are inky and loose, the contrast is overcooked, i dont know how to describe it. I jsut remember when i first learned photoshop and would take a layer and set it to overlay over and image and would see the same thing. I totally am biased, so forgive me. I just think its got a flair of cheesyness to it. I really am not into wedding photography, all those fkn bridezillas lol.

Also the action set he is selling, well, you can get the same stuff, and tons more if you buy the on one photo tools thing, they have all those one button effects if thats your bag. I just dont particularly care for them, one reason being that you can spot that stuff from a mile away. I normally wouldnt do this, but for the sake of this thread I will. heres a link to some west coast guy, dont ask me how I wound up with the link, but he does soem pretty cool wedding photography.

http://www.jeffnewsom.com/

Hes the only guy ive seen in my limited browsing of those kind of photographers that actually had a different fresh approach. Save the cheesy music on the site, and the gimmicky polaroid viewer, just look at the images, the color, the composition. Id rather see someone appreciate that kind of work. but thats just my opinion.

The only threads that ever caught my eye as far as discussions of a photographer or "demystify" was the christian schmidt one. his shit is cool.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 01:07 AM

HoHooo!!! Such a rocket launcher we have here! =D

I like most this guy style... http://jeffascough.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
brutal is subjective. first look at danel popescu (Yervant or at least someone affiliated with him) new memeber, three posts ever, all having to do with yervant, all having a link to the website. come on! I didnt even think about it until mark pointed it out. makes perfect sense. So sure if youre gonna come in as a fake and try to trick people into thinking youre the bomb, then expect whatever comes flying back at you.

LOL, yeah but making quick judgments like that is what ended in Markzebra saying that the original image I posted on a thread of mine was not the original but a retouched one.

I'm all for bs alarms but one thing is asking more in order to see if its actually BS, and another is to just come right out and label someone, with out any actual proof.

I understand allot of you guys are ticked off by newbies asking "hey how can I retouch like the pros in 5 mins" and "hey please help me copy this look, even though I'm a total newbie and haven't bothered to search first" or others "making threads that don't really explain too much or their tutorials aren't all that realistic", but you can express your opinion without being as brutal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 04:31 AM

Markzebra rocks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
making quick judgments
I like to think of them more as educated guesses. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

…YERVANT.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Markzebra rocks!
Don't u just love him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
I like to think of them more as educated guesses. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

…YERVANT.

Wait... u can be wrong???

x

PS: YERVANT rules! (who is that again?)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching