RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Demystification of YERVANT

Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 PM

Re: Demystification of YERVANT

No Daniel, you misunderstood. YOUR work, not Vervants work, we all have seen the link to all of his sites and accolades that you have so kindly linked to, I was suggesting that you maybe put up some of your work, or a link to your website or a flikr page with your own stuff that you shot and are struggling with so that we can all give you some help. You said that you have all of the top software for doing post processing, are you having difficulty using it? Why did you chose to purchase those specific programs? Have you tried any of them, and if so, post up some of your work maybe some before and afters or where you are stuck and we can help you.

Im trying really hard here to give you the beneift of the doubt, and keep my tongue out of my cheek, but aside from the flame war that I instigated, and your repetitive linking back to nothing but the vervant website, or vervant blog, or vervant awards page, or details about how much vervant seminars cost and your superfluous descriptions on how great you think vervant is, you have not given us any idea as to what your struggling with. Let us see what your working with. You are kind of just asking "Hey how can I make really good food" and then plugging your favorite restaurant and putting up a copy of the hours of operation and the menu as well. And to top it off, your telling us you have a full kitchen with all subzero and Viking and All-Clad equipment to cook with. So thats all fine , but we need to see your ingredients to really be able to offer any help.

To reiterate, I did put up a set of steps that would give you those results your describing here, have you tried them? Put up an example of an image you have shot, and myself, and Im sure many others up here would be more than happy to apply the proper effects, and even share how and what to do to achieve it. Then you will have your question answered
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
No Daniel, you misunderstood. YOUR work, not Vervants work, we all have seen the link to all of his sites and accolades that you have so kindly linked to, I was suggesting that you maybe put up some of your work, or a link to your website or a flikr page with your own stuff that you shot and are struggling with so that we can all give you some help. You said that you have all of the top software for doing post processing, are you having difficulty using it? Why did you chose to purchase those specific programs? Have you tried any of them, and if so, post up some of your work maybe some before and afters or where you are stuck and we can help you.

Im trying really hard here to give you the beneift of the doubt, and keep my tongue out of my cheek, but aside from the flame war that I instigated, and your repetitive linking back to nothing but the vervant website, or vervant blog, or vervant awards page, or details about how much vervant seminars cost and your superfluous descriptions on how great you think vervant is, you have not given us any idea as to what your struggling with. Let us see what your working with. You are kind of just asking "Hey how can I make really good food" and then plugging your favorite restaurant and putting up a copy of the hours of operation and the menu as well. And to top it off, your telling us you have a full kitchen with all subzero and Viking and All-Clad equipment to cook with. So thats all fine , but we need to see your ingredients to really be able to offer any help.

To reiterate, I did put up a set of steps that would give you those results your describing here, have you tried them? Put up an example of an image you have shot, and myself, and Im sure many others up here would be more than happy to apply the proper effects, and even share how and what to do to achieve it. Then you will have your question answered
I agree with Garibaldi, we can give a list like he did to tell you what he's using, but its kind of hard if we don't know what you're having trouble with. Seems like you have some knowledge already with some stuff, but you can't achieve what you want.

It would be best to select 1 photo you're having trouble mimicking, and then put the result with your work. That way you can at least get one of the looks nailed down.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM

garibaldi ...you have nothing to apologize...I always enjoy reading your posts.

I do like Vervant's wedding albums...thanks for posting. The layouts of each page are quite different.

Garibaldi is right. A wedding photographer is presenting hundreds of photo and can only afford minimum time retouching each photo. When I talk to good wedding photographers their goal is to shoot less and not more, but each shot must be "good". Look at Vervant's photos, most are candid and not staged...right shot at the right moment...it is the shot with minimum post processing. I also looked at the post processing...nothing special...just like Garibaldi states, but good shots capturing the emotion of the moment. For the photos that are processed, each is different..no one action or method, so it would be hard for anyone to give you a formula, but I assure you if you continue to read from this site you will learn a lot over time. If there is one shot you like, post it and I'm sure there are many here that can provide you advice. These shots are certainly not high end...a lot of blurred skin and also a lot of noise (hopefully by choice).

Most good wedding are shot with more that one photographer, so at 20K I'm sure he is shooting with many photographers and at least one post processor. Vervant is just approving the final product...it is his name he must protect.

After reading all of this, I realize I spend too much time on the art and not enough time on the marketing!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 PM

Thumbs up Re: Demystification of YERVANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
Someone's a lil bit over sensitive!

PS: really, I was serious (Why does everyone think I'm being sarcastic all the time?)

x
It's because the writting thing. Writting it's not enough expressive as facial gesture.

So well... I certainly don't feel nothing wrong about you since long time ago. But you know, we're humans, my apologizes for the harsh comments.

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 09:28 PM

Smile Re: Demystification of YERVANT

Quote:
I also want to apologize to anyone who got offended by my posts, I didnt mean to come off in such a mean way. I am sorry
In my personal opinion, we all get somehow violent from time to time, we're not Ghandi or Christ and because we're humans we can get realized about our defects and feeling sorry and accepting our errors are part of being a human being too as well forgetting the others. In few words, if we're capables of fighting we must be capables of forgetting too.

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2009, 09:34 PM

Ok, Im taking a stand, now that this thread has gotten all warm and fuzzy with apologies and laments, I think we need to figure out a way to have music play when you browse it, some Kenny G or maybe careless whisper by wham looping in the background. At least it can pass the time as we all wait for popescu to post up some of his own work so we can help him out lol
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:

Hi G,
I uploaded some of my last works in the flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
There are some album pages created by me.
I'm waiting to hear you back.

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Popescu View Post
Hi G,
I uploaded some of my last works in the flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
There are some album pages created by me.
I'm waiting to hear you back.

Daniel

I will be back tomorrow with feew of my fav photos and I will polite ask you to help me to get the yervant stunning look.

Sincerely yours

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2009, 01:03 AM

Somethings rotten in denmark. I dont get it, whats your complaint? the stuff looks pretty spot on with the vervant stuff. Actually cleaner. Actually identical. Are you like one of those guys that brings your car into a the shop and insists that theres something wrong with it when its fine? I worked for Porsche for 7 years and Ferrari for 2, and there would be some customers that would bring their vehicles in and insist that somethings wrong, and we would go over every system in the car and check every little thing only to find nothing. So if I were a mechanic, and we were in that situation again, I would say , "Sir, just drive the freakin car and enjoy it"

Last edited by garibaldi; 08-25-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2009, 01:39 AM

Daniel, I would recommend you start with 1 look you're interested in mimicking from Yervant, and one of your photos. There is a difference between the two but its mostly about composition and angles not retouch.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching