RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Demystification of YERVANT

Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 AM

Re: Demystification of YERVANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
Somethings rotten in denmark. I dont get it, whats your complaint? the stuff looks pretty spot on with the vervant stuff. Actually cleaner. Actually identical. Are you like one of those guys that brings your car into a the shop and insists that theres something wrong with it when its fine? I worked for Porsche for 7 years and Ferrari for 2, and there would be some customers that would bring their vehicles in and insist that somethings wrong, and we would go over every system in the car and check every little thing only to find nothing. So if I were a mechanic, and we were in that situation again, I would say , "Sir, just drive the freakin car and enjoy it"
Hello,
I'm back with few photos on my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
There are not my best, but there are some normal photos. Pleas show me the way how to retouch them to get Yervant look.
Thank you in advance for your kind support.

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuervo79 View Post
Daniel, I would recommend you start with 1 look you're interested in mimicking from Yervant, and one of your photos. There is a difference between the two but its mostly about composition and angles not retouch.
Hi,
I uploaded few images on my lickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
Would you please to show me the way how to achieve the Yervant finish look.
Thank you

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Never so well said like Cuervo did. He has a point there.
Hi,
I'm not satisfied with my work. I feel that I'm close to Yerv, but still I can't get what is the way how to finish my photos to look like Yerv.
You can help me, please?!
I uploaded some of my regular pics. on http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
Please show me the method how to get the Yerv finish.

Thank you in advance

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
This is what I don't get... why would someone want their work to look EXACTLY like some other guy's work?

If you can do the same and he did it first WHY would I hire you? Because you're cheaper? Because you are in my area? I don't get it. U want to have his left overs?

Strive to be UNIQUE not some other guy's shadow!

x
Dear Godmother,
You have right, but if I understand how somebody get some finish I can see if I'm dooing well mine.
As I told here, I'm not the PRO like you. I'm at the beginig. I don't want to take your place. I want to overpas me. It is not that I can do tis or that chip, it is that I want to lear how to do that for myself first. You never wont to come on my market to take my clieents.
If you are willing to support my I can to share my experience with others here or in other place. If we could be better, why not to do something diferent.
I have new uploads on my flick page. There are few images as I shoot them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
I need to see different aproach on them. Please explain me how to get the Yerv finish look or maybe you can show me somethink else or your aproach.

I thank you in advance for your support.

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
Personally I really think the world of the over-photoshopped wedding picture is a strange one… they don't look particularly authentic, truthful.

… POPESCU
I like to do weddings. It is a lot of work, a lot of fun and you can play an important role.
I tray to use my experience, my skils, to see happy peoples. The result is great, belive me.
I want to learn more and more. I don't want to take the Yerv place. I want to have mine.
I always will remember you and your support.
If you are kind I polite ask yo to play a little whit few of my images recently uploaded on my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/ and then to show me what are your results and what are the way to get it
I'm waiting to hear you back soon.

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 AM

Thumbs up Re: Demystification of YERVANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Popescu View Post
Hi,
I'm not satisfied with my work. I feel that I'm close to Yerv, but still I can't get what is the way how to finish my photos to look like Yerv.
You can help me, please?!
I uploaded some of my regular pics. on http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05/
Please show me the method how to get the Yerv finish.

Thank you in advance

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

All what I can say is that Actions, pictures and post (Yervant or not Yervant) belongs to your talent. Apply some Dragan Action to your pics and you will get ugly results instead Dragan results. Talent cannot be packed into actions or steps. I'm not saying you don't have talent, but probably you didn't found it yet. Stop looking at others works and start looking at your own work in order to discover yourself. Nobody can copy others style, we're not made by binaries. Of course, you can copy a technique, but how to apply it is not possible to copy.

Do you think Yervant adjusts his own pictures? He probably did it at the beginning, but of course, there are lot of people doing the "Yervant Style" behind the scenes, so it's the "Behind The Scenes" Style more than Yervant.

Editing pictures take lot of time, you need to hire some good retouchers in order to get different amazing styles like Yervant does.

Regards,

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Hi Daniel,

All what I can say is that Actions, pictures and post (Yervant or not Yervant) belongs to your talent. Apply some Dragan Action to your pics and you will get ugly results instead Dragan results. Talent cannot be packed into actions or steps. I'm not saying you don't have talent, but probably you didn't found it yet. Stop looking at others works and start looking at your own work in order to discover yourself. Nobody can copy others style, we're not made by binaries. Of course, you can copy a technique, but how to apply it is not possible to copy.

Do you think Yervant adjusts his own pictures? He probably did it at the beginning, but of course, there are lot of people doing the "Yervant Style" behind the scenes, so it's the "Behind The Scenes" Style more than Yervant.

Editing pictures take lot of time, you need to hire some good retouchers in order to get different amazing styles like Yervant does.

Regards,

Mart
Hi Q,
I come to this forum to find a help. You are able to give it to me or not. I'm not looking for free discusions which don't respond to my request.

Everithing can be learned. Any technique which Yerv use is not a rocket science to not be learned. I'm interested what is his technique and I want to learn it. I'm not interested in Dave Hill Technique or Dragan one. Everybody have his own taste. You can tell me that Yerv is not good, but I like his style not Dragan, not Dave Hill etc.

Yerv made a lot of tutition and there are photographers who learn his style not only for dooing photos but also for finishing ones. I want to learn it, too.

I had been asked here to upload some of my photos and some of this forum guys promise me that will show me up how to retouch my photos to have Yerv. look.
I have few photos on my flickr photostream page http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05

If you know Yerv or his Staff photo finishing technique, I will be glad to lear it from you. If you you are not able or willing to help me, please let me alone to find out what I'm interested for.

Awaiting to hear you back with some interesting things to learn.

Regards

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 AM

Some of the images seems to use some Dodge and Burn. I did a try on one of your images, selectively chosing what to be bright or dark. The most used version of non destructive dodge and burn seems to be a empty layer with 50% grey set to Overlay and use a white or black color to brighten or darken ( you can also use the real Dodge and Burn tools on this layer ).

I also used a warming filter ( yellow )

The quality suffered some, to be under 100 kb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wed_web.jpg (100.0 KB, 123 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepiano View Post
Some of the images seems to use some Dodge and Burn. I did a try on one of your images, selectively chosing what to be bright or dark. The most used version of non destructive dodge and burn seems to be a empty layer with 50% grey set to Overlay and use a white or black color to brighten or darken ( you can also use the real Dodge and Burn tools on this layer ).

I also used a warming filter ( yellow )

The quality suffered some, to be under 100 kb.
Hi my Pellepiano,
I'm confident that should be something more and different in Yerv technique than doge and burn.
I know the technique with 50% gray layer set to overlay, but still don't look like Yerv finished photos.
I'm curios to see how are looking an outside image, whee are a lor of green, applying Yerv technique.

Hopping to hear you back.

Daniel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Popescu View Post
Hi Q,
I come to this forum to find a help. You are able to give it to me or not. I'm not looking for free discusions which don't respond to my request.

Everithing can be learned. Any technique which Yerv use is not a rocket science to not be learned. I'm interested what is his technique and I want to learn it. I'm not interested in Dave Hill Technique or Dragan one. Everybody have his own taste. You can tell me that Yerv is not good, but I like his style not Dragan, not Dave Hill etc.

Yerv made a lot of tutition and there are photographers who learn his style not only for dooing photos but also for finishing ones. I want to learn it, too.

I had been asked here to upload some of my photos and some of this forum guys promise me that will show me up how to retouch my photos to have Yerv. look.
I have few photos on my flickr photostream page http://www.flickr.com/photos/41766155@N05

If you know Yerv or his Staff photo finishing technique, I will be glad to lear it from you. If you you are not able or willing to help me, please let me alone to find out what I'm interested for.

Awaiting to hear you back with some interesting things to learn.

Regards

Daniel
What I tried to tell you is that learning Yervant's technique will not be useful as you stubornly believe, because how they're applied cannot be learnt. Because you already know the non destructive d&b technique I assume you already know lot of stuff about post processing so, why are you so interested in the Yervant's Techniques, which are quite kitch? They're, somehow, well applied to its photos, that's what matters at the end, because that makes the difference between every single photo-manipulator/retoucher. Nobody can tell you how to apply those techniques in your own photos more than you unless you hire some good retouchers that can convey the same vision you have in mind. There is nothing more to learn if you keep chasing the Yervant's Carrot the way yo do because its blinds you.

Wanna know what "he" does?

Mostly, vigneting, gradient maps, glamour glows, blurs, overlay and softlight, d&b, multiply, masks, selective desaturation, blending desaturated overlayed layers, changin opacity, changing gamma, applying contrast, shifting colors, anything that brings up the attention of the viewer to the main subject inside the picture in some artisty way.

Nothing really hard to do.

Wanna know how "he" does it?

I already gave you the answer.

Have a good day,

Mart.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching