RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How do I get rid of dark circles under eyes?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM

Re: How do I get rid of dark circles under eyes?

my mistake on "opacity"...I meant radius...sorry
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2009, 03:56 PM

you can try using the patch tool....draw around area you want ....then drag to a lighter area of skin....then go to edit and then (fade patch tool )...adjust slider till you get what you want.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM

If you wouldnt mind supplying us with a larger file that has both more of the image and higher resolution, I saw you what would work by trying it first.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 PM

In doing eye bags I agree...some eye bags are just too deep and dark. I was working on a project recently where the client asked that all the images have the "bags removed". The problem in Photoshop is that that curves isnt strong enough...and if you clone away the bags...they leave a smooth spot under the eyes so others can tell you were retouching there. Photoshop can smooth presently...but It cant also add skin pores back in at the same time so retouching is often obvious.

We developed a technology called skin pore textures that we use for under the eye work frequently...yes they are not free...but they do allow you to quickly smooth over spots or whole complexions and then add the skin pores back in so it looks and prints correctly. The skin pore textures make the plastic look go away without having to spend 2-6 hours of doing a dodge and burn. We do a lot of corrections like this in a day...so to us its worth it to just to quickly paint away the bags...then back fill them with correct skin pores. The eye bags go away quickly and since the pores are non-destructive and can be added and subtracted at will...the work goes along much faster.

Here is a short video clip I did showing some "eye bag removal" Its just one of many different ways you can do things in Photoshop. Its a low bandwidth video so you may need to watch it full screen to see the tiny pores. Maybe ill do a bigger one when I have some time again.

http://www.screencast.com/t/vCcwbEtIVMs

Ray12
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2009, 07:02 PM

I used the healing brush set to lighten on its own layer.
ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eye.jpg (53.7 KB, 33 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-19-2009, 09:08 PM

If it's not a close-up shot I will use the patch tool, fade it a bit and clone back in a bit of texture.
Today I was working on an image and did use dodge and burn, a little healing and it didn't take that long. I usually start with the deepest lines/darkest parts and kind of work outwards. With this technique I'm able to control it and leave a bit of the lines there so it still looks natural.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching