RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

I need your opinions about this work

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Re: I need your opinions about this work

thank you janet its the first time i find it looks like toilet yes you are right the cheer needs to appear more.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Petty View Post
The work is very nice as far as technique, color, contrast, lighting, etc.

The music makes the slideshow move more quickly because there is something to listen to. It is edgy and powerful. It is, however, very distracting when one wants to really look at the images.

There were two pictures I had problems with. One is of the woman with the lightbulb. She looks as if she is sitting on the toilet. The second picture is the one right after the toilet one. She looks as if she is very uncomfortable. The angles are wrong for a pleasing display of a person. Not the best choice of posing on either of those. However, the lighting is good on both of them.

Janet

Thank janet for your comments did you see the galries in the website or you didnt notice it
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM

It's nice (nice pics also), but the intro delays all the good stuff coming quite a lot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 AM

Everything they said ^^

+ The home looks awful - out of focus - looks like you couldn't find a better Ftv Logo so you went and made everything else blurry.

+ + Don't tell ppl what they should figure out themselves
"Professional work" - thank you I'll be the judge of that (not me in particular, but the viewer)
"Kareen Nour for Mag" - Thank you I'll be the judge of that (Now I'm referring to magazine editors)

+++ DO NOT push the music... I turned it off, went to one of the galleries BUM music again... no no no I already said no thank you

I like some of the photography you do(specially your fashion work), not all (specially not the portraits)

Good luck!

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 AM

I think your getting quite harsh criticism here. I think generally your work is pretty good, its more the website that is the problem, in particular the intro. You can have an intro but you should have a very clear way of skipping it because most people will do. An I always think music is a terrible idea unless it has a reason. Often people are listening to either there own music or radio etc and it gives a negative reaction straight away when you here something you didn't choose.

I kinda like the one with lightbulb where she looks like she's on the toilet but I suppose this is not your intention. The main one I didn't like is of the guy with the punchbag. He looks very cut out and therefore not so professional.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 06:36 AM

Yes, I think the same than Lazyfruit. Also, the first pics in the slideshow, the ones before the girl over the car (from this one to the next ones I find no problems), they're not your best pics. You have much better ones inside your galleries to show off in the slideshow.

By the way, very nice B/W you have
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyfruit View Post
I think your getting quite harsh criticism here. I think generally your work is pretty good, its more the website that is the problem, in particular the intro. You can have an intro but you should have a very clear way of skipping it because most people will do. An I always think music is a terrible idea unless it has a reason. Often people are listening to either there own music or radio etc and it gives a negative reaction straight away when you here something you didn't choose.

I kinda like the one with lightbulb where she looks like she's on the toilet but I suppose this is not your intention. The main one I didn't like is of the guy with the punchbag. He looks very cut out and therefore not so professional.

Thanx i am removing the intro now and the music .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 07:22 PM

just to be clear.. I just pointed the weak points so you can make them better
but in general the site and the images are quite good

cheers
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
Yes, I think the same than Lazyfruit. Also, the first pics in the slideshow, the ones before the girl over the car (from this one to the next ones I find no problems), they're not your best pics. You have much better ones inside your galleries to show off in the slideshow.

By the way, very nice B/W you have
thanx, i did the slide show with the most important celebrities in the arab world not the best of my portofolio but i find this is not good for the people thy dont know them as thy look like a normal people for example the first man called amr diab he is a winner of 3 world music awards and a legand in the arab world but once you dont know him so it means nothing to give his photo a periorety, i removed the intro and the music .
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 AM

Dear kareem...

The photographic work is better than the environment. The intro and music are getting in the way if what you're selling -- your image. If I wasn't looking at the site in regard to your post, I would have left before getting to the images. If you must have music, keep it really low in the background so it doesn't detract from your work.

You have a lot of terrific work, but the work is not of a consistent high caliber. Some of it is stunning, while others are common. You don't need to show everything you've ever done.

There is way too much work shown in the site, and some of it isn't helping you. Show your best work. If people can't figure out from 50 of your images what they think of you as a photographer, the next 250 aren't going to help them make up their minds.

Good luck to you. Hope you are doing well. Take care. Alan.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching