RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Critique Please: Beauty Retouch!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:37 AM

Re: Critique Please: Beauty Retouch!

LF- I don't care about the credit I just wondered if that was the same tut. I remember seeing part of it and he spent about 20 min taking that stud out of her ear and then cleaning up the area. Is that right? Is the entire process that slow? Because the results look great but I've seen faster retouches (slower too.)

Anyway- It seems like your retouch on the face is much better than the lower part of her body. (Like what Godmother said.) I think her hair looks bad in the original and maybe you went too far. Maybe not.
What do you think about the hair where her forehead transitions to her hair line? It could probably use some help.

I'm looking for a great tut and haven't found it yet. Please let me know what you think about using this one. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedonechanged View Post
I'm working on the same pic hehe. Looks great although can you post a bigger version so I can see closer?

Looks nice but I think the head looks squished a little flat.

Thanks, do you mean the top of the head? I can't post a larger image, unfortunately, but if you're retouching the same one, it's pretty great if you're someone who puts a premium on keeping the texture of the skin. The pores are all there and the definition is fantastic. Maintaining the skin's texture should be a breeze.

I'll rethink her head. I don't want it to look pointy (that would be a hideous ponytail/bun) but I don't want it to look flat, either. I'll find a good middle-ground.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter09 View Post
LF- I don't care about the credit I just wondered if that was the same tut. I remember seeing part of it and he spent about 20 min taking that stud out of her ear and then cleaning up the area. Is that right? Is the entire process that slow? Because the results look great but I've seen faster retouches (slower too.)

Anyway- It seems like your retouch on the face is much better than the lower part of her body. (Like what Godmother said.) I think her hair looks bad in the original and maybe you went too far. Maybe not.
What do you think about the hair where her forehead transitions to her hair line? It could probably use some help.

I'm looking for a great tut and haven't found it yet. Please let me know what you think about using this one. Thanks so much.
Hey Skeeter, the tutorial is "okay". If you frequent this site, then a lot of what he's teaching might be redundant for you. I've heard many people complain of its redundancy. But for me, it was just useful to watch someone actually retouch at a "normal speed" (e.g. not those 'speedtouches' you often see online and can't really use).

His retouch doesn't go too slow for me, at all, but you may think differently. You're right, it's from his retouch dvd, btw. He includes some useful high quality photos on the dvd, though many of them have this green or blue light that I don't prefer. It would have been great if he would have included more "clear" photos...instead of so many with blue and green lighting (it makes the photos look a bit hoaky and sci-fi).

He does explain the concepts well, which I really appreciated. I've heard the customer service is lacking (unreturned inquiries/no responses...even for me; I was suprised), so be careful if you decide to purchase it.

I will say, this site and the contributors have more than enough so that you wouldn't even have to buy the DVD. I just bought it because I wasn't really lurking about on this site at the time and wanted a peek.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching