RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Retouch

Old 11-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Retouch

http://viksra.deviantart.com/art/Kelsie-143007204

I'm just looking to hear what is good and what is bad about the retouch itself. I know that I should have also changed her shoulders, but with that aside, what else? It was my first time manipulating hair to that extent... I like to keep my images looking realistic after the retouch.

Roll the mouse over the image to see what it looked like before.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM

Re: Retouch

The hair is WAY too molded. When I first opened it I didn't even realize that it was hair, I thought she was wearing a cap or something on her head. There needs to be some pieces and visible strands to the hair. More dimension. Right now it looks like one solid shape.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 AM

Viksra, I'd agree with Yowser's assessment. Sometimes, I think it's a nice touch to leave a strategically placed stray hair or two on the subject...it's a nice, natural touch and avoids the "helmet head" effect that many retouchers so often fall prey to.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 AM

very nice skin retouch, you moved the hair from her eye nice , and hair is not bad except for the edge of the hair. i would lightening the shadow of her face a little bit...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture-1.jpg (65.4 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
The hair is WAY too molded. When I first opened it I didn't even realize that it was hair, I thought she was wearing a cap or something on her head. There needs to be some pieces and visible strands to the hair. More dimension. Right now it looks like one solid shape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFantastic View Post
Viksra, I'd agree with Yowser's assessment. Sometimes, I think it's a nice touch to leave a strategically placed stray hair or two on the subject...it's a nice, natural touch and avoids the "helmet head" effect that many retouchers so often fall prey to.
lol, I was trying to go for some of the retouch styling that Ruud92 does with his hair, which usually has perfect outer edges But I will keep it in mind to not make it look like a helmet next time ahaha. I would probably have been able to make the hair have more visible strands if the image wasn't low quality to begin with... I think most retouchers wouldn't even want to work with that image considering the quality of it to start off with... you can tell it wasn't a high quality image because you really can't see individual hairs in the original, but yeah... I will pay attention to it next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucija View Post
very nice skin retouch, you moved the hair from her eye nice , and hair is not bad except for the edge of the hair. i would lightening the shadow of her face a little bit...
Thank you! Yeah the more I look at the edge of her hair... the more I think I should have just photoshopped a helmet on her hahaha. The burn part of the D&B on her cheek was also another concern of mine... I wasn't sure if it looked too burned considering the amount of lighting I applied to the rest of the face... It did seem a little dark considering the direction of which the light was shining on it. I like how you lightened it up and added the hair back in to the top.

Another thing... I think it's the best lip shine I've ever done
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching