Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

skin whitening with selective colour

Old 12-01-2009, 05:02 AM
Re: skin whitening with selective colour

I had been pondering over your technique for the last hour or so to replicate the similar settings that were used. I used your technique however i changed two things:

1. Instead of using a straight out "selective colour" adjustment layer which affects the entire image, i did a channel mask selection then applied that to a "selective colour" adjustment layer. As the red channel is good for skin tone this masks the skin and allows each of the settings to be inputted without affecting the entire image as it would normally do.

2. With the "selective colour" settings themselves. From looking at these, in my opinion they appear all over the place apart from the black values. So instead of using say (+86 (red dropdown menu) cyan slider) i used 90.

**So with the numbers whatever the number is, it was changed to either 30, 60, 90. (whichever number was closer)**

Back to the workflow:

I proceeded to do as the technique asked (having two selective layers) both on screen at 60% opacity. I selected both of these layers, grouped them together in a folder. I applied a layermask (white) to this folder, used a brush at 50% opacity paint back in the clothing. Then changed the entire group(folder) to an opacity of 60%.

I would just like to thank you for sharing the initial technique
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skin whitening.jpg (87.1 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching