RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Need your help on my work

Old 11-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Need your help on my work

I am a basic retoucher, I need your help to improve my skills,
What do I need to improve the image to get the best final result. i uploaded before after, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouching.jpg (81.1 KB, 131 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Re: Need your help on my work

hello just like to say you did a pretty good job cleaning the face up. A few things i noticed where the white spots are kinda strong it almost takes away from the young lady's skin tone. Another suggestion would be maybe the topaz plugins only because i see alot of pixalation (little squares in the shirt mostly)in the picture. Maybe the denoise or detail plugin could help with this. The white spots kinda go on the hair as well kinda making her look older in a sense.

It definately takes getting used to but on this site your in great company and there are so many helpful people. Im sure you get some more suggestions on here those were just what i noticed with a quick look. Just remember their suggestion are to help your skills advance and following the advice of some of these pros your skills will greatly improve. Its never to knock your work at all just to help you produce the best quality you can.

Overall i think you did a great job specially if your just starting out tips from here tho will take u to that next level. Keep up the good work i look forward to seeing you advance and many more projects from you.

Have a great day
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 AM

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I am not using any plugins, i have gone through some books of scott Kelby, really very easy to understand his teachings, I used dodge and burn for this image, but not on full image, some parts of the image where needs more dodge, I used healing brush overall. if you like to check this image in high resolution , here is the link, http://www.flickr.com/photos/35581943@N05/, Please do comment on my other works also, Really I am not happy with other works, I did not know the usage of dodge and burn when i worked on other images, I would like to build my portfolio if i get some good fashion images, thanks for your support,

Have a great day,
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-11-2009, 02:08 PM

very nice stuff on there. I did notice what you meant tho maybe went it got saved for web it messed up some quality. The shirt looks really good in the full version. Look forward to seeing more thank you much for sharing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-13-2009, 12:38 AM

The photo has obviously been blurred. Throw the global blurring techniques out the window and post the photo before blurring and we can give you some tips.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching