RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Face/fantasy "retouch"

Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Face/fantasy "retouch"

Please provide any feedback on the attached retouch.

Please note that this is not for fashion or beauty (of course). Also, it was a personal project. Thanks!

http://lookpic.com/i/239/8DFNSokV.jpeg

http://lookpic.com/i/277/EYtvvcH5.jpeg

Last edited by LightFantastic; 11-15-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 PM

Re: Face/fantasy "retouch"

Hey LightFantastic,
Since this is a personal project which could have any standard, I won't really comment on motives or tastes.
However, technically, it looks pretty well executed.

My guess is, since you are posting this image here, you are looking for people to say what could be done better and such?
In this case, I would have a bit of an issue with all those stray hairs. All the retouching seems to have been concentrated on the face, which is very detailed and seems to have been paid a lot of attention to.
But nothing has really been done to the hair, except for the overall contrast and color change.
The face is so surreal (even in the original, which I doubt is the "original" picture since that model's face is so damn flawless) compared to her hair which is chaotic, unordered, and sometimes a bit motion blurred. Her hair looks too much like actual real-life hair.

I would pay more attention to that hair. It can be chaotic, but it has to seem as though it was done purposefully.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2009, 12:29 AM

Re: Face/fantasy "retouch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolio View Post
Hey LightFantastic,
Since this is a personal project which could have any standard, I won't really comment on motives or tastes.
However, technically, it looks pretty well executed.

My guess is, since you are posting this image here, you are looking for people to say what could be done better and such?
In this case, I would have a bit of an issue with all those stray hairs. All the retouching seems to have been concentrated on the face, which is very detailed and seems to have been paid a lot of attention to.
But nothing has really been done to the hair, except for the overall contrast and color change.
The face is so surreal (even in the original, which I doubt is the "original" picture since that model's face is so damn flawless) compared to her hair which is chaotic, unordered, and sometimes a bit motion blurred. Her hair looks too much like actual real-life hair.

I would pay more attention to that hair. It can be chaotic, but it has to seem as though it was done purposefully.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot Droolio. I should've been more specific...she's supposed to look a bit like an undead warrior back from battle. Albeit a glamourous one. For some reason, I wanted to give her this embattled, fierce look to go with her serene, triumphant gaze.

Last edited by LightFantastic; 11-16-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching