RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Omg

Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 PM

Re: Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post
HAha I know how fast you talk, Natalia, but you breath/suspire many times in the video or you make some effort in order to explain the stuff that can be listened in the way you express your self when talking in the video. Personally, watching a 10 hours DVD talked that way would stress me quite a lot. The voice of the narrator should be pleasent in order to catch the attention of the viewer for more than 2 hours and your voice exhausted me in 20 minutes. I have seen thousand of tutorials, and I guess you too, and for example, Kelby is very fast and dynamic, Decke is really wow when talking. I can see 8 hours straight of his videos. Steve Holmes is also very nice to listen or just remember Dr. Brown, haha but I have listened to others very boring narrators that at the end, even when doing a big effort to finish the tutorial it cannot be finished. It's like you know, when going to some conference nd the guy talks and talks about very interesting topic, but the way it talks about the topic is like boring. You are not boring, but there is a feeling of preocupation when you talk. Seems you want to be perfect in every aspect you say, something that I don't doubt, haha, but I can tell you're a bit nervous, thinking more than you talk. At least at the first part. It's normal, considering that we all feel and want to do lot of perfect things at the beginning and we try to not commit any mistake and the like, you know. I don't know how you would explain things in Spanish, but in English I can hear you're not confortable, like you putting lot of preassure in your speech and yourself, like I said before, It can be heard you're too obsessive with perfeccionism. It happened to me the same when I begun teaching but making a DVD is much more serious and you know that.
i think you are way too critical. i think she did pretty well consider english is not her native tongue.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toan thai View Post
i think you are way too critical. i think she did pretty well consider english is not her native tongue.
I agree, i don't even know what's the big deal with that. This issue never even remotely crossed my mind when i was watching the sample, except for the fact that i was enjoying her accent.

Content is what I'm after here anyway. Teachers like Deke, Kelby and Orwig may be proficient talkers but for the most part, they put me to sleep with their content.

I gotta feeling this one is going to deliver. Gonna order it as soon as they connect the net in my new flat.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2009, 09:03 PM

She sounds sexy to me. Doesn't look like she's holding back on any info either. The price might be a deterrent to me but the content looks like it's gonna be great.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 12:04 AM

Dear MariusX...

Sorry for your pain (and for the volume of e-mail you're dealing with). It's completely a personal thing, and we all respond differently to the world around us. I spent a couple years working with a stylus almost every day, using it for most everything (except pen tool selections and precision offset selections) without incident.

Then one day my thumb started hurting (probably because it was always kind of locked in the same position holding the stylus). I went back to using the mouse most of the time, and my thumb is thankful. Each person should use the tools they are comfortable with and/or what makes them happy.

With your wrist problem, it sounds like a Wacom tablet should be covered by your health insurance as preventive medicine.

In the end, I think it's better to have the option, so that you can give your wrist or thumb or whatever part is feeling the strain a bit of a break. But there's no particular reason you need to use a stylus to do great retouching. Of course, there's also no reason why one should only use a mouse.

But I do think it's better to keep from becoming too dogmatic about our choices, because there will be that time when your tablet just stops working or you're not at your own computer and you really need to get something done or really need to show someone what you can do.

You don't want to be the one whining about not having your Wacom tablet, specialized plug-ins, custom actions, calibrated multi-monitor setup, etc.

You want to be able to sit down in front of a 24-inch iMac with a fairly recent version of Photoshop on it and do the work (without being a complete fusspot about it).

Hope you are doing well. Take care. Alan.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 03:14 AM

Alan - thanks for realizing me something, that was quite obvious... I'm left handed, but i use mouse in my right hand, so usually, making selections, paths, creating layers etc goes with mouse (in right hand, while left is on keyboard also holding a pen), while when d&b, masking etc (things that are some kind of painting) goes with pen and right hand on keyboard. So, thats true - right tool for right purpose.
But living that... it would be very nice, to have some kind of table of contents of Natalias new DVD before deciding is it worth to buy (from my point of view, if there is 20-30% things, that are new and i have never think about doing something this way, whole DVD is worth of price). Or maybe some kind of 20 minutes demo showing parts from whole dvd (not one chapter, 3-4 minutes cutouts from different chapters)- so in time, when deciding to buy or not to buy, one knows what is inside.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 06:35 AM

Gratulation for that DvD
I am sure the DvD is great.

I just orderd the DvD and get the receipt.
What i miss is the link where i can download the DvD

Please dont tell me the download do not work:-)

lg Calvin
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 07:11 AM

...Release date expected for January
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 AM

Where did you get this information?
I cant find something on the page. Or am i blind?

lg Calvin
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 AM

http://www.digitalphotoshopretouchin...ing-dvd-2.html

"......Release Price: $249 | Pre-order price: $199*
Release timeframe: January"
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2009, 09:12 AM

Ok, my bad:-)
Sorry and thank you fpr the information!

lg Calvin
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching