RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Omg

Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Re: Omg

I think all download versions have been converted to hard copy orders now. I ordered the hard copy anyway so makes no difference to me I guess.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 PM

No, Natalia, tu DVD no está a la venta
Me parece vergonzoso, que después de alargar el periodo de pedido para tener descuento (la primera opción era sino recuerdo mal hasta el 15 de enero y despues lo han prorogado hasta el 29 de enero), a la hora de distribuir tu DVD, primero el distribuidor mande un mail con fecha 29 de enero diciendo que el DVD en versión física por motivos del distribuidor suyo que le hace los DVDs, no podrá estar disponible en versión física hasta el 15 de febrero, y para los que compramos la versión en descarga ahora nos dice, que existe un problema con el manejo de tamaños tan altos para la descarga por los navegadores y que no es posbible tampoco realizar la descarga.
Soy consnciente de que tu no eres conocedora (por lo menos eso creo) de este tipo de problemas, pero creo que deberías hablar muy seriamente con tu distribuidor para no intentar a los que hicimos la reserva en su plazo y tiempo, por lo menos no tomarnos el pelo. Pienso que ha tenido tiempo y mucho de sobra, para solucionar todo este tipo de problemas.
Con afecto para tí Natalia
un beso
------------------------------------------------------------
No, Natalia, your DVD is not for sale
I find it shameful that after lengthen the term of order to take off (the first option was but remember correctly until 15 January and then have demur until 29 January), when distributing your DVD, first distributor send a mail on 29 January that the DVD version of the distributor based physics which makes him the DVDs may not be available in physical version until 15 February, and for those who bought the download version now tells us that there is a problem with the handling of sizes so high for downloading by browsers and that it is post-biblical nor download.
I consnciente that you are not knowledgeable (at least I think so) of such problems, but I think you should talk seriously with your dealer for not attempting to reserve the ones who made time in his term, at least not pull our legs. I think it had much spare time to solve all these problems.
With affection for you Natalia
kiss
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klam View Post
ummm. I think it would be a good for people who purchased the physical dvd's(hard copy) get the download for free also. I mean why not? I already paid for the dvd's + shipping.
Agreed!

I am a little peeved that the physical copy release has been pushed to the 14th, over 2 weeks out. I waited to place my order until yesterday evening to give the producer ample time to update the expected release time frame if there was going to be a change.

The only scenario I can think of that would cause a change like this on such a short notice would be if the building holding the product burned to the ground last night, which I seriously bet did not happen.

Hot Pixel LLC needs to offer something to those who bought based on their "expected launch". Give those who bought physical copies the option to download would be a reasonable offer.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Agreed!

I am a little peeved that the physical copy release has been pushed to the 14th, over 2 weeks out. I waited to place my order until yesterday evening to give the producer ample time to update the expected release time frame if there was going to be a change.

The only scenario I can think of that would cause a change like this on such a short notice would be if the building holding the product burned to the ground last night, which I seriously bet did not happen.

Hot Pixel LLC needs to offer something to those who bought based on their "expected launch". Give those who bought physical copies the option to download would be a reasonable offer.
Not download version available, original mail from saler:

Dear Valued Customer,

Well, this is really embarrassing. As it turns out, since the downloadable files are 4 gigabytes each - 32bit browsers cannot handle the files and therefore the downloads don't work. We've been working on a fair way to fix this, thus far the only solution we could think of is to convert all download customers to the physical disc version and ship the discs at our expense once they become available on Feb 14 at the latest. The website has been updated and the download option has been removed for the time being.

I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kindest regards,

very very embarrassing!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrasky View Post
Soy consnciente de que tu no eres conocedora de este tipo de problemas
------------------------------------------------------------

I consnciente that you are not knowledgeable of such problems
Actually I am.

I talk with Vitaly every day, he is not just my "salesman" I can call him my friend by now... I'm just not aware of "the money issues" but yes, I know about every issue there's been with the DVD and it's a pain, for both of us, me and Vitaly.

He actually hired different companies, one for the physical DVD and one for the program to please customers who wanted a download option (I don't know if guys remember he didn't want to get into that because he thought there could be problems) well.... the odds of BOTH companies letting us down was low... now we see why the Murphy law is there for.

He is taking responsibility for all of this and has apologized to me like a thousand times already. He is as stressed over this as the ppl who bought the DVD.

If I didn't know myself I'd think that the ppl selling the DVD don't even have it yet and they are pushing the dates. But ppl from this forum know me and (I want to think) you know what I'm about. You've also read mistermonday's review so you know there's a DVD

It's just bad luck but what can I say at this point? Shit happens.

I know Vitaly is doing everything in his power to fix the situation (and he did offer to ship the DVD to the ppl who acquired the download option with no shipping cost right?... I think that shows he cares)

In the mean time... I'm sorry and I ask you to be patient.

Have a nice day I have a Dove campaign to get ready so I'm stressed enough as it is.

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:47 PM

I think when you get a pre-release discount, this is the kind of thing you were risking. "Stuff Happens"!! It is what it is!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
Actually I am.

I talk with Vitaly every day, he is not just my "salesman" I can call him my friend by now... I'm just not aware of "the money issues" but yes, I know about every issue there's been with the DVD and it's a pain, for both of us, me and Vitaly.

He actually hired different companies, one for the physical DVD and one for the program to please customers who wanted a download option (I don't know if guys remember he didn't want to get into that because he thought there could be problems) well.... the odds of BOTH companies letting us down was low... now we see why the Murphy law is there for.

He is taking responsibility for all of this and has apologized to me like a thousand times already. He is as stressed over this as the ppl who bought the DVD.

If I didn't know myself I'd think that the ppl selling the DVD don't even have it yet and they are pushing the dates. But ppl from this forum know me and (I want to think) you know what I'm about. You've also read mistermonday's review so you know there's a DVD

It's just bad luck but what can I say at this point? Shit happens.

I know Vitaly is doing everything in his power to fix the situation (and he did offer to ship the DVD to the ppl who acquired the download option with no shipping cost right?... I think that shows he cares)

In the mean time... I'm sorry and I ask you to be patient.

Have a nice day I have a Dove campaign to get ready so I'm stressed enough as it is.

xx
Natalia, ¿why Vitaly has not taken into account that it could happen this kind of problem for those who buy the direct download version? Do you think that has not had enough time?
thanks, xxx

Others also have our work and our work commitments and I assure you is very disturbing to see that something that you reserved in advance that you need for your work, not on the deadlines indicated
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreesOfMyTime View Post
I think when you get a pre-release discount, this is the kind of thing you were risking. "Stuff Happens"!! It is what it is!
No, don't say that ... ppl are still going to get the product and I know that if the download option turns possible he will be more than happy to send you the phisical DVD and give you the download too (I don't get why you want that... don't u end up with two of the same?)

Anyway... I'm hoping this gets sorted asap.

x

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrasky View Post
Natalia, ¿why Vitaly has not taken into account that it could happen this kind of problem for those who buy the direct download version? Do you think that has not had enough time?
thanks, xxx
Actually, he paid programmers to get the download thing working (because he thought it was not doable, but they told him it was) and it did work last week just not from the "shopping cart" that couln't be tested until the release, but the program worked.

Again, I'm sorry guys

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
No, don't say that ... ppl are still going to get the product and I know that if the download option turns possible he will be more than happy to send you the phisical DVD and give you the download too (I don't get why you want that... don't u end up with two of the same?)

Anyway... I'm hoping this gets sorted asap.

x
I think that you misunderstood me! Not that it is the pre-release purchasers have done anything dumb. it is just that when you take advantage of ordering something before release, you are subject to the laws or "Mr. Murphy" to a higher degree!

I look at it another way. I got a discount AND I can stop worrying about where I was to get the 10 hours to watch, as well as the time to go back over segments!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:02 PM

I feel screwed because I purchased the hard copies. The people who purchased the downloads will now get hard copies with free shipping.

It should be free for everyone then. I feel like the people who bought the hard copies are getting the shorter end of the stick all around.

edit- am I missing something? is the download version $cheaper$ than the disc? not including shipping cost.

Godmother- the reason I wanted the download version for free also was so I can start watching right away rather than wait till feb 14 + extra days for shipping. I don't blame you for this mess and no one else should either, it's not your fault.

"Dear Valued Customer,
, thus far the only solution we could think of is to convert all download customers to the physical disc version and ship the discs at our expense once they become available on Feb 14 at the latest.

I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kindest regards,

Vitaly Druchinin"

Last edited by klam; 01-29-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching