RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Omg

Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 PM

Re: Omg

Thanks for posting Natalia.

My gripe is not that it missed its intended launch, it's that Hot Pixel LLC (I assume this is Vitality by your comments) should have known at least a few days to a week ago that the physical copy release would not happen on the 29th and could have updated the site accordingly. I can't say how this would have affected my decision to purchase but I can definitely say it would have given me pause.

Truthfully, he should have known about both issues well in advance as I cannot imagine doing a release such as this without at least running a few test downloads. As for the physical copies, he should have had a delivery date from the pressing company at least 2 weeks back, and if they were running long, should have known something was up 4 or 5 days back when he didn't have tracking numbers for the shipment.

I don't feel any of this is your fault and hate this has happened on your release. I do feel that this should serve as warning to anyone else considering to do a tutorial video and planning on partnering with someone on production.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:12 PM

I think everyone needs to calm down. So we have to wait a few more weeks so what? I know we are all looking forward to it but sometimes these things happen. Just need to go with the flow and be patient.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:24 PM

I'm a slow typer so replies rack up while I am getting my thoughts together.

I too was asking for a DL copy just so that I could try to start watching and learning as soon as possible. I don't want something "more" due to the issues at hand (but don't get me wrong, I would love any opportunity to learn something more if you do decide to do some short videos).

As for free shipping for everyone... I don't know. I'll leave it at that. I am not really bent out of shape over it but I can see where some could be.

And as to Tree's comment, in my opinion advance sales should be used to front the producer money to produce the product. The discount is there to entice in sales when a product is not readily available, not cover for a botched release.
Reply With Quote top

Quote:
Originally Posted by klam View Post
I feel screwed because I purchased the hard copies. The people who purchased the downloads will now get hard copies with free shipping.

It should be free for everyone then. I feel like the people who bought the hard copies are getting the shorter end of the stick all around.

edit- am I missing something? is the download version $cheaper$ than the disc? not including shipping cost.

Godmother- the reason I wanted the download version for free also was so I can start watching right away rather than wait till feb 14 + extra days for shipping. I don't blame you for this mess and no one else should either, it's not your fault.

"Dear Valued Customer,
, thus far the only solution we could think of is to convert all download customers to the physical disc version and ship the discs at our expense once they become available on Feb 14 at the latest.

I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience this may cause. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Kindest regards,

Vitaly Druchinin"
frankly, I found disappointing and regrettable, I think that Natalia you do not benefit anything
Reply With Quote top

Yes I understanding waiting a few more weeks, we can't do nothing about that. But what I think is unfair is that I had to pay for shipping cost when people who purchased the downloads will get free shipping on the disc. Not very fair, but life isn't.

maybe I'm missing something like the download cost less than the disc(not including shipping cost). Then I'll have nothing to complain since everyone is in the same boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedonechanged View Post
I think everyone needs to calm down. So we have to wait a few more weeks so what? I know we are all looking forward to it but sometimes these things happen. Just need to go with the flow and be patient.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Game, I'm not sitting here fuming over my keyboard or anything. I just feel that:

A. Either the producer held back info and knew ahead of time they were not going to make the 29th or is horrible at managing this side of his business.

B. Natalia is probably paying the guy a healthy percentage of sales to do right what was bungled.

C. Hot Pixel LLC should catch at least a little flak over the whole deal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrasky View Post
frankly, I found disappointing and regrettable, I think that Natalia you do not benefit anything
Could you rephrase that?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Klam, I will say that REAL bandwidth to download 12 gigs in a timely fashion is not cheap. I would guess that if the download customers are getting a deal, it's not much of one (based on standard shipping, of course).

Now, who knows what bandwidth Hot Pixel LLC was going to supply? It could be that the DL customers would have had a blazing 10 kB/s and the download would only have taken about 2 months to finish.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM

download customers(now getting disc) are still getting it cheaper than disc customers. Because they are not paying for shipping. It's as simple as that. Because I don't remember seeing a price difference between DL and hard copy.

the download equation must be taken out because downloading is no longer valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Klam, I will say that REAL bandwidth to download 12 gigs in a timely fashion is not cheap. I would guess that if the download customers are getting a deal, it's not much of one (based on standard shipping, of course).

Now, who knows what bandwidth Hot Pixel LLC was going to supply? It could be that the DL customers would have had a blazing 10 kB/s and the download would only have taken about 2 months to finish.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 PM

I like Natalia's work I have read the review. I want the DVD, So it's going to take a bit longer to arrive. No amount of jumping up and down will get it delivered any faster so I figure I'm going to chill and look forward to whenever it arrives.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching