RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Omg

Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Re: Omg

Klam, you are correct. I didn't think that one through very well.... =)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 04:30 AM

Wow it's gone very quiet in here.

Anyway just wanted to say im certain it will be worth the wait!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 04:49 AM

just to weigh in my 2cents....i appreciated the email notification but i think Vitaly jumped the gun in offering free shipping to the download customers. nice for them not so nice for relations of hard copy customers. my shipping is 25 US dollars which i'll get over but sure wouldn't complain over a refund after all that's lunch or 2 1/2 retouchpro LIVE events :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM
Patron

dweekly, there are many international customers around the globe who will be purchasing this product. In many cases they would have preferred hard copy but are added costs such as Customs clearance, Duty, VAT / Country specific sales taxes on physical goods, and additional delays. Even if Hot Pixels covers the shipping costs, customers still have to absorb the other costs. It may mean the difference between be able to afford the product or not. Customers, particularly in the US are still getting a good deal.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
dweekly, there are many international customers around the globe who will be purchasing this product. In many cases they would have preferred hard copy but are added costs such as Customs clearance, Duty, VAT / Country specific sales taxes on physical goods, and additional delays. Even if Hot Pixels covers the shipping costs, customers still have to absorb the other costs. It may mean the difference between be able to afford the product or not. Customers, particularly in the US are still getting a good deal.
Regards, Murray
Ditto on the customs. I didn't even know about that when I ordered the first one but as soon as it came through I had to pay £25 just to get access to it and will have to pay it again. But luckily there was that discount voucher that went round so I guess that could be seen to cover that.

Overall though it is a nice gesture from Vitaly to assume the cost of the shipping but yeah customs is a bit of a sting.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 11:42 AM

Tax and duty would be an additional 50 USD for me and I'm not amused about that. Let aside the additional time.

I am still confident that they will find a way to provide a download solution. Nick and his Slickforce team managed getting 4GB of data to their customers around the globe last night also. They even named their partner. So it's no secret on whos door one has to knock.

Let Monday come around. It's hard to get business partners on the phone on a sunday, so not much Hot Pixel LLC could do. I think we can all await an info update after a few calls have been made. At least thats what I (as a waiting customer) expect. Switching downloaders to the hardcopy version isn't a good solution.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM

@Murray...i am paying international shipping and hoping not to have to pay additional fees. i find you helpful in the forums but with all due respect you do not know my personal financial situation and what a tight budget i might be on so while maybe i'm misreading your reply it feels like you are assuming i am in a much better position than the rest of the international customers. wages in the usvi are lousy incase anyone wonders. :-) anyway, i'm sure the dvd will be well worth the wait and dollars.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2010, 05:40 PM
Patron

Dweekly, while you are misreading my comment, I did a poor job of articulating it. So I will try to rephrase it. Many Intl customers purchased the download to avoid all the extra costs associated with hard copy. Even if Hot Pixel covers the cost of shippping these Intl customers may still incur extra costs (customs, vat, duty, etc). So the product may cost them considerably more than they planned. Those in US who ordered the physical copy understand exactly what their cost was. I was not making any comment about you, your personal situation, or whether or not you should now be given free shipment or additional discount for the delay. Sorry if I gave you any other impression.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 AM

Ain't no thing =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesium View Post
Klam, you are correct. I didn't think that one through very well.... =)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-01-2010, 05:03 PM

no harm Murray, thanks for the apology and it is of course accepted. I think given you had addressed it to me it felt very personal.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching