RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Omg

Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 PM

Re: Omg

Hi Everyone,

I'm only doing this because Natalia asked me too in another post. So here goes. I saw a post about her DVD on a modeling / photographer website. Once I saw the DigitalPhotoshopRetouching label I was leery, I had purchased the first DVD and asked for a refund because it was very misleading in its title and content but my emails went unanswered. I held off for a while but finally ordered my DVD on December 28th. We all know the stories with the shipping and d/l versions so I won't touch on that.

I finally got my DVD's in the mail. I took a picture of me holding it and posted it on facebook, people must have thought I was a wacko. I cracked that DVD cover, put the DVD in my computer and didn't come up for air for about 10 hrs, no lie!

I had a handle on glamour retouching and I was getting tired of paying to have my beauty shots retouched so I was looking for a tutorial that showed you how to do everything.

The GOOD:

From start to finish, in real time! Bonus points for this!!! The technique used for evening out shadow transitions without losing detail! Bonus points for this!!! Texture Healing! Bonus Points for this!!! Removing objects from the background without the subject looking cut out! Bonus Points for that!!!

I was familiar with almost every tool Natalia used except for that thing in the "Image" menu. I never knew what that thing did, but now I do and now I know how to use it on both 8 and 16bit images. Yay!!! Hair fix, eye veins and lip line fix was amazing. The eyelash fix.. out of this world. I would have never of known if she didn't mention it and mind you, I was looking at this .psd file at 200% . The .psd file is huge, it took me, on my PC at least 4 minutes to open, nuts! but, each layer is there so you can see all the work performed and how the image progresses through the retouch.

I am familiar with the Dodge and Burn techniques but even after practicing I'm still not that good at it. At this point, Dodge and Burn is really my weak area. Natalia made it look easy.

Color corrections and sharpening opened my eyes to a whole new world as well. I used to think that all the high end retouchers shared this "magic" formula for making the girls skin even and natural looking with texture. It's not magic, it's that you have to understand what to look for and how to fix it.

The GREAT:

There's a part of this DVD called Extras. It was in the Extras section when I fell in love because in this section you could tell that Natalia truly loves to retouch and that she generally wants people to know how to do things. She kept saying, let me show you one more thing, let me show you this, let me show you that.

I took / take tons of notes while I watch her DVD and when I'm retouching I refer to my notes, it's easier for me this way.

In my opinion you will need intermediate knowledge of PS to get around without being totally lost only because sometimes the techniques taught are 4 or 5 steps deep.

If you're looking to take your retouching to the upper level, get on this elevator. You can retouch any type of image with the lessons taught here. It is called hair and beauty but I take some of what I learned here and apply it to glamour images that I've shot in the past.

The accent didn't bother me one bit and the slip between english and what I assume to be french every once in a while, kept the atmosphere light and playful.

Last edited by PhiladelphiaPro; 04-05-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaPro View Post
I'm only doing this because Natalia asked me too in another post
Thank you very much for this. I really appreciated (Couldn't stop smiling while I read it)

I must confess tho, I was expecting "tough" from you

Now it's really starting to look like a set up

Quote:
The accent didn't bother me one bit and the slip between english and what I assume to be french every once in a while, kept the atmosphere light and playful.
Argentine, but my accent is weird, I know this by now.

Last edited by Godmother; 04-06-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-06-2010, 06:55 PM

The proof was in the details. When I thought you weren't going to explain something, you eventually did. You tutorial should be the blueprint for anyone who's thinking of selling a video tutorial.

You allowed us to sit shotgun on and just like I expected, you completed a full retouch.

There is no setup.. lol.. it was my intention to have your tutorial along with the other tutorial and merge the two with the most awesome set of retouching skills on the planet. I wanted to take some from this, some from that, add a little of this, pepper in some of that and produce awesome retouches but; right now it's not gonna happen.

I was able to purchase yours at $150 because I bought the first tutorial which saved me $50 and then I purchased before the end of December which saved me another $50. I couldn't be more pleased.

Thanks for everything.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 AM

Just ordered mine and cant wait to receive it :-))
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 AM

Felicidades Natalia. Hasta ahora es lo mejor que he visto relacionado con la tecnica. Eres genial, y tu acento es bien claro y muy bonito. Keep it up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

thank you

And since this thread is back up I can tell ppl here in RP about the news.

I've talked with Vitaly about a 20% discount. This is a good place to let ppl know.

RPfriends is the "code" for Retouch Pro

He asked me to make sure to say this discount is for New orders only, the discounts cannot be applied to orders already placed
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
thank you

And since this thread is back up I can tell ppl here in RP about the news.

I've talked with Vitaly about a 20% discount. This is a good place to let ppl know.

RPfriends is the "code" for Retouch Pro

He asked me to make sure to say this discount is for New orders only, the discounts cannot be applied to orders already placed

aaarrgh , i just ordered today ! :-((((
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-27-2010, 04:00 PM

Natalia is worth the full price...which I paid. I've been watching her DVD (skipping around to different sub-lessons) since I received it yesterday. Bottom line for me, I LOVE HER VOICE! Her soothing Argentine accented voice makes learning her workflow techniques a pleasure.

It was probably the quickest way for me to learn the split - hi/lo of an image....versus trying to wade through the math and verbage at the model mayhem site. This and many other techniques are definitely going into my own workflow.

Thanks Godmother!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neut View Post
Natalia is worth the full price...which I paid. I've been watching her DVD (skipping around to different sub-lessons) since I received it yesterday. Bottom line for me, I LOVE HER VOICE! Her soothing Argentine accented voice makes learning her workflow techniques a pleasure.

It was probably the quickest way for me to learn the split - hi/lo of an image....versus trying to wade through the math and verbage at the model mayhem site. This and many other techniques are definitely going into my own workflow.

Thanks Godmother!
Well thank you :$

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-28-2010, 09:01 PM

Hey...I love the accent too. Great job Natalia. I'm looking forward to getting the DVD also. Should help a lot of people I think. You are very generous with your discount too.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching