RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Awesome Edit

Old 03-01-2011, 02:50 AM

Re: Awesome Edit

If you want to learn, I actually DO teach my Post-Production techniques. It is how I make most of my income.

If you are interested in paying for a session, just let me know

~Jaime Ibarra
Photographer | Austin, TX
www.ibarraphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbedford View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm starting to post more now, so I should probably introduce myself before continuing. My name's Joel and I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I've been teaching myself a lot about retouching over the past year with help from this forum and the inter-web : )...Thank you.

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE this look for photos, but am stumped about how to go about achieving a similar result. Anyone have any insights or links to GOOD tutorials?

Joel
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 03:50 AM

Thanks for the info.

I don't think it is that complicated,poster above has it I am sure there are a few more tweaks depending on the image.

But it's th exclusion mode layer that I think gives it the overall feel and subtle light along with some nice light.

On the actual website of the original photographer, he has a before and after section, this really gives you a good ide...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 AM

Hehe...ummm...I AM "the original photographer"...as in, "I am Jaime Ibarra"

You are talking directly to the source, here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ManWithNoName_ View Post
Thanks for the info.

I don't think it is that complicated,poster above has it I am sure there are a few more tweaks depending on the image.

But it's th exclusion mode layer that I think gives it the overall feel and subtle light along with some nice light.

On the actual website of the original photographer, he has a before and after section, this really gives you a good ide...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2011, 04:13 AM

I know but you're not going to tell us your process are ya? :-)

I am not saying I am right but I was actually looking at your work a few weeks back, forgot about this thread, and was having a play. Now obviously yours is more accomplished and you have it down but I got pretty close just playing around with some curves, selective colour exclusion layers e.t.c

What I am saying is. It's not that hard when you know how and it is very nice don't get me wrong, but I am not going to to pay for it :-) as I don't think it is that advanced...No offence...It is nice tho and I do love your images...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
What I am saying is. It's not that hard when you know how and it is very nice don't get me wrong, but I am not going to to pay for it :-) as I don't think it is that advanced...No offence...It is nice tho and I do love your images...
I took one of Jaime's sessions after posting my workflow (above). I can tell you that Jaime's workflow is considerbly different. While not overly complex, it's much more involved than the workflow I outlined. If you've come up with something you're happy with, great. If you want to learn from the "master", take one of Jaime's sessions. I found it well worth the time and money.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmydog View Post
I took one of Jaime's sessions after posting my workflow (above). I can tell you that Jaime's workflow is considerbly different. While not overly complex, it's much more involved than the workflow I outlined. If you've come up with something you're happy with, great. If you want to learn from the "master", take one of Jaime's sessions. I found it well worth the time and money.

Jaimie...That you :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Jaimie...That you :-)
LOL. Anyone who's ever heard me play guitar can attest that I'm no Jaime Ibarra.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2011, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmydog View Post
how much you paid for jamie`s sessions?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2011, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbarraPhoto View Post
If you want to learn, I actually DO teach my Post-Production techniques. It is how I make most of my income.

If you are interested in paying for a session, just let me know

~Jaime Ibarra
Photographer | Austin, TX
www.ibarraphoto.com
i like your retouch, i dont know what is the different cross processing techniques and Post-Production techniques since i saw the result is the same
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelez View Post
how much you paid for jamie`s sessions?
It's probably best to check with Jaime himself. He does specials from time to time.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching