RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Patron

Re: Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Flashtones, there is a high probabilty that you will find it worthwhile at least for the 1st year.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 AM

As Mistermonday said...the magazine alone is worth the membership. They also have very good tutorials on the different tools offered in photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 04:18 AM

WELL I GOT THE DVD for 300 today! and i love nicks work, met him and his studio team. so id get that... that high end one SUCKED ASS
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 AM

Have you already got the DVD itself? Lucky!!! :-) How is it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedonechanged View Post
Have you already got the DVD itself? Lucky!!! :-) How is it?

no its ready come jan 30 to download. i dont know why people compare his cd to the tuts on this site. some of those are crappy , o soft dior this and that...RIGHT BLUR TOOLS! he does not do that. i know one of his studio photographers who shoots silver.... NO NO NO NO! they dont use those methods and people love NICK thats why he has 100 covers and some people on here have NONE.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 AM

I pre ordered it too recently. I hope it's as good as you say. :-)

Although I must say regarding the High End Retouching, the vol 2 (most recent) is not by the same guy who done the original DVD. You are right to slate that but I don't think you can compare the vol2 to that.

Regards
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 11:00 AM

lol what rage! I don't remember anyone talking about the dior look, they (me included) did talk about the degrunge technique or if you want to give it more flair the "high/low frequency separation" LOL

Good luck with the DVD if you like it and adore the producer more power to you
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM

some 1 did say something about the dior look.

PPL R CHEAP so many photographers charge an arm and a leg for RATES and cant even get their lighting right or RETOUCH AT ALL.. "uuuh uuuh thats so plastic looking, so uhh unbookable, yea because most cant do it" i know one of the testers AND SHE gets everything just needs to practice more.

i think its a good deal since his class is 3500!!!!!!! when hes putting it all on dvd which i have known to see him doing for more then a year now...meaning getting it ready.

ppl r so quick to put a filter, blur something, SHARPEN incorrectly...

im sorry but y would some one offer TOP techniques that GET THEM BOOKED FOR FREE! thats taking money out of their pockets...

so dont bad mouth the DVD until you get it and try it. shesh its 300 compared to the 1st highend which was over 6 and USELESS.

id rather buy a dvd from someone who has credits in mags, imbd, google them and celebs goto him for everything.

and he is really sucessfull at getting girls to pay $$$$ for his modelkamp

cus he is FRANKLY the shit!!! so is NAT!

cheap asses always want something free and charge an arm and a leg for a freakin blur low res noisy photo. AM I RIGHT? um im sure more than half of us on here has a retouching MM account or charge 25 per image when you should be charging a DOLLAR

IF ANY1 GETS MAD THAT MEANS IM TELLING THE TRUTH OR U WOULD NOT BE ON THE DEFENSE.

ps. i adore several photographers and retouchers and yes he is one of them. anyman who can get women to spend 1400 on ONE LOOK for glamour is brilliant.

Last edited by misspimpcess; 01-14-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Giving my opinion on what I thought the web page presented, the video about changing the color of the bra, and the description of the topics. Isn't the same as bad mouthing.

Is it your opinion that "Volume 6: The Sh*t No One Else Will Teach You!" is true? Specially when you then see the details of the lesson
"Now you're ready for your Black Belt in Retouching. Tackle the "touchy subject" problem-areas that no one else will discuss. Stretchmarks, back fat, neck twists, veins, discolored hand and feet, freckles, moles, ashiness, frizzy hair, and jewelry removal."

I don't know about you but most of that I learned before tackling skin smoothing techniques like D&B, blur, degrunge, high low separations, etc. How is the use of the healing, patch and clone tools "The Sh*t No One Else Will Teach You!"

Yes the producer of the DVD has the liberty to use whatever language, phrases and marketing to allure clients to see and buy his product, but that doesn't mean when someone in a forum asks about what do people think, other people won't point at what they see wrong or "fishy".

As I said if you feel good about the purchase and you like the producer of the DVD more power to you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuervo79 View Post
lol what rage! I don't remember anyone talking about the dior look, they (me included) did talk about the degrunge technique or if you want to give it more flair the "high/low frequency separation" LOL
I was allway wondering - what does it mean "high/low frequency separation"?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching