RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:26 PM

Re: Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

How many hours is the $500 DVD? Doug is a nice guy and you never hear a bad word out of his mouth or in writing. Even if the DVD is terrible he'd find something good to say out it...Doug isn't the critic we seek...especially at the price they are asking.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 03:34 AM

Calvin Hoolywood
My first engl. dvd release is jan 2010 too
4,5 hours of my best techniques.
Something around 99 Dollars

not sure whats in it
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 03:43 AM

You Know What Thats a lot of money for what your selling
Pre order special $500 U.S. thats like $550 Canadian and after $700?
And your not even throwing in some Preview
Hey I say BUYER BEWARE
Also Nick and Matt are not even long standing members with just a couple of posts each
I also think there partners in this venture JUST MY OPINION
after READING THE SITE ,I personally dont see anything NEW
Definately not a $700 dollar value on sale for $500
WHAT SAY YOU
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Timmons View Post
For instance, I gave him my feedback about why I once didn't buy a retouching DVD because I found out it only retouched one closeup photo of a white girl, when the ads looked like it retouched several shots. Nick has (fully, in real time without fast forwarding and in complete detail) retouched 7 girls at full body length, with different ethnicities and individual retouching needs.
Why is this so important? I saw it written by the retoucher, you and the web site. I haven't found anything in the tutorials (of white women) that I have read and taken into my arsenal that can't work on different ethnicities and I have worked with a few.

Quote:
I do want to buy Natalia's DVD because it looks really good, and I'm one to leave no stone unturned in my education to be the best I can at everything I do. I don't clone myself to anyone's style, I take the parts I want and re-work them into my own style using every tool and technique I can find (I do want to make sure it's not 10 hours of retouching one shot before I buy though).
I can understand where you're coming from but I think your fears are unfounded, its like saying that I don't like a tutorial where they used the clone and healing tools to remove stretch marks because I didn't see it could also be used to reshape a body or to make a body part using the same tools. Granted I can claim the tutorial isn't very "complete", but if I understand how the technique is done and understand what its doing, I can transplant it to many things that didn't really have to do with the original intent. For example I can use the Dodge & Burn to take clothing wrinkles away, use it in jewelery to accentuate the shine of the facets of the stones, I can even deviate technique I use for dodge and burn to add mascara and blush.

By the way I even find the high end retouch DVD (which Natalia was invited to do) to be overpriced as well, since most of what she's talking about you can also find it on the internet. How ever the Value part is seeing her work from start to finish on the photo (I guess that's where you found it to your liking that Nick took 4 photos and retouched them from start to finish) but even then I see it as overpriced.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Nick has (fully, in real time without fast forwarding and in complete detail) retouched 7 girls at full body length, with different ethnicities and individual retouching needs. There's no skipping over stuff, and he talks about what, how and why through every retouch from start to finish. Each retouch starts at the out-of-camera stage and finishes fully-retouched and takes about 45 min for each.

P.S. Sorry this was sooo long, but as you can tell we aren't the type of people who don't listen to or care about other artist's feedback.
That's good to know. I was wondering if they are all full retouches. It's also good to see not only yourself but also Nick on here answering questions.

In regards to who on here should be testing it of the top of my head id say either Natalia/Nienna/Ruud/mrmonday or skydog.... im sure there are probably other pros on here too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 07:53 AM

Matt...I assume this is you....very nice

http://www.mtmstudios.com/

however...still cautious when it comes to $500 for a DVD
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 09:31 AM

personally I'd require much more of a preview for these tutorials before I would be even tempted, what is provided is not nearly enticing enough plus the promise ridden descriptions make me a bit doubtful.... basically back up what you are saying with some more content & everyone will be happy
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 10:28 AM

I agree. The web needs more info and more previews.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-27-2009, 02:01 PM

Hey guys... it would be really nice if you leave me out of this

I highly doubt I'm the right person to write a review, I'm biased by the fact that I hate glamour and anything related to it. To the point of rejecting a lot of money to record a glamour retouching DVD.

I don't want my name related to any of it and I do agree with Nick about us not being competition. Different target.

Have a great day and happy holidays!

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 AM

I think it's the price tag of the thing rather than the newbiness that generates a certain amount of hostility.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching