RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 AM

Re: Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
Well at least is a "one post only" not praising the set. That's a new one
It's true I don't post, but I frequently read the threads here and on MM; it's just that I find this subject so daunting and I lack patience, when I start to retouch, I'm always afraid to mess it up, so I only stick to safe dodging and burning and it gets me somewhere, but definitely not where I want to be.

http://www.facebook.com/ninofrewat.l...00000459802835

I just had to contribute here, because I was so attracted by all the advertising and the comments and the pictures on Nick's website; it was the steep price that finally halted me, otherwise I would have purchased it. The marketing is so bloated, then when you get to the content, it magically shrinks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:26 AM

I was wondering what people's opinion on the ethics of selling these DVDs on after use in order to recoup costs.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:44 AM

No different than selling used books, movies or music CD's, I would think.

So long as they are originals. Duping them and selling multiple copies would be another matter.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2010, 11:53 AM

And so long as you don't keep a backup copy I guess...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2010, 12:36 PM

That's what I thought, I do have Natalia's which is really good £90 ono please pm if anyones interested......
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2010, 08:20 PM

Hey all, it was great to meet so many of you at PhotoshopWorld in Vegas last week! It was our first opportunity to show off Mastering Retouching on the iPad and iPhone to a large audience! Our good friend and Photoshop wizard Calvin Hollywood also came by to chat and visit with our lovely models. Thank you to everyone who has helped Mastering Retouching quickly become one of the best-selling retouching series of all time!

FYI I've created a special RetouchPro discount code that will be valid for a few weeks to extend PSW convention pricing to those who were not able to make the show. iPad and iPhone sync instructions now come with all orders. http://masteringretouching.com/index...on=RETOUCHPRO1

I've also attached some pics from the convention, enjoy!

http://nicksaglimbeni.com/wp-content...ching-ipad.jpg

http://nicksaglimbeni.com/wp-content...-hollywood.jpg

http://nicksaglimbeni.com/wp-content...retouching.jpg

http://nicksaglimbeni.com/wp-content...retouching.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2010, 01:25 AM

Hi Nick,

cool Pics and Thank You for the instructions how to sync it with my iPhone. I have tried several times before and it did not work. Hopefully it works this time.

Everyone should be in possession of this DVD series. :-)

Regards
Ronny
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizkhanpsy View Post
What do you think guys would it be better then High End Retouching series 2.

Check this out : http://www.learnretouching.com/index.php
Getting back to the start of this thread, which compares retouching DVD's against one another. The best best Beauty retouching videos I've seen to date (and I've seen most) are Natalia's and Gry Garness'.

I haven't seen Gry's getting much press as yet, but it's really excellent. Those who absolutely must see a start-to-finish full retouch will be disappointed and should go straight to Natalia's. Gry offers a similarly fastidious, painstaking attention to detail, but is set up in chapters to cover a wide range of images and techniques.

You can't go wrong with either, both should move an intermediate level retoucher's work forward if you really pay attention to their mindsets and methods. If you can afford both you'll really get an education hard to find outside of, perhaps, an internship. (Lets just say I've seen people coming out of prominent 4 year University photography programs knowing far less.)

Other than them, Doug's RetouchPro Live webinars are also great, and a great value.

Of the value oriented DVD's out there, a decent one, perhaps surprisingly, is this:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/sto...dobe-Photoshop

She's not a hand holder, you have to really pay attention to what she's doing (ie, quickly switching from clone to D&B without saying so, etc) but her techniques are pretty solid for the price.

Nick's DVD's are vastly overpriced. His method is a bit of a one-trick-pony that really wont take you very far in the world of retouching (which is ironic considering the success he's had with it) but there are too few DVD's that show one how to do down-n-dirty, quantity-over-quality work, so it thusly fills an important niche in the market. Kelby Training's David Cuerdon's is another in this niche.

But take a look at Gry Garness'.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know that there is a review of Mastering Retouching coming out in the December 2010/Holiday Gear Guide issue of Photoshop User magazine, for those of you interested.

Also, we've begun holiday pricing on the series, which can be combined with the RetouchPro coupon code I posted in here in September, making the series more affordable than ever.

Wishing you and your loved ones all the happiness you seek in your lives during this holiday season, and remember to never stop dreaming!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedonechanged View Post
I pre ordered it too recently. I hope it's as good as you say. :-)

Although I must say regarding the High End Retouching, the vol 2 (most recent) is not by the same guy who done the original DVD. You are right to slate that but I don't think you can compare the vol2 to that.

Regards

Volume 1 was definitely not worth my money. =(
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching