RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Re: Mastering Retouching DVD by Nick Saglimbeni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum3 View Post

2. "If you're really into high-end fashion and beauty retouching then I definitely recommend..." Chicken with potatoes. Quite a non sequitur fallacy...

Just more non ethical marketing stuff...
LMAO it's a review from Photoshop User magazine that has nothing do with me. But somehow it's part of my "non ethical marketing" [sic] masterplan. You are hilarious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 AM

Hi guys,

As I've mentioned before, I am always grateful for the feedback you've given me over the past two years. It allows me to refine and refocus, and in some cases to address skepticism.

For those who have not yet bought or pirated Mastering Retouching, I wanted to let you know that it's the retouching system I've used exclusively to create the first commercial magazine entirely photographed and designed in 3D, World's Most Beautiful (WMB 3D).

Though 3D has almost completely taken over the motion picture industry, it is still in its infancy in terms of the still photography business. And since you, like me, are artists who want to stay on the cutting edge—and because I have such respect for the RetouchPro audience—I am announcing here first that the techniques taught in Mastering Retouching, including the Slickforce Technique, are the first retouching methods proven to work seamlessly in nearly all genres of 3D photography. For our first issue alone (100 pages), we used the techniques on 3D fashion, landscape, cars, watches, and glamour photography.

Think about what this means, as we are on the forefront of something amazing in our business. To learn more about the 3D medium where Mastering Retouching was used, visit WorldsMostBeautiful.com

WMB 3D: World's Most Beautiful is available August 8 in print, and for your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Xoom, Evo, Thunderbolt, and most other Android phones. Get your FREE* 3D Glasses at WMB3D.com

*Plus shipping & handling

Check out a recent item from E! News about the world's first 3D magazine here!

Learn more about Mastering Retouching and Mastering Compositing here!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Hogfather

I'm so confused. Why is Trendkiller writing such a lengthy, hostile character attack against a guy he has neither met nor has he even bought the product? What is the motive here? Did Nick steal your girlfriend? Are you mad that you haven't done the work to put together your own product? Are you mad at Brad Pitt for being super handsome too and getting Angelina Jolie? (Well, I'm a little pissed about that too...so unfair...the madness of it all!

So, I got to know Nick a few years ago because I saw his photo work and was impressed with his retouching quality too. This is long before he put together the DVDs...I paid a LOT of $ for a one-on-one session with him to learn the techniques. Now wouldn't I be in a position of high credibility to make a judgement about being fleeced? Or is the guy who has neither met Nick, nor has bought any of his product the "go to" voice of credibility? Oh wait, he heard some stuff, from people who know some people who know Nick. Probably couldn't be a disgruntled fired employee or envious broke photographer. Impossible. LOL.

Anyway, the more I interact with Nick, the more I like him and respect him. Is Nick perfect? No. Is Nick crazy? Probably, more than a little, yes. But he stands apart from the crowd (especially the armchair whiners sitting at home, uselessly talking sh&#) by creating and doing really cool stuff. Life is too short. I want to be able to learn some really cool stuff so I can look back and say, "I did some cool stuff."

In fact, I just sucked it up and signed up for Nick's April PhotoKamp...I'm sure I will be mocked by some. But I know from personal experience with Nick, it's not going to be boring, I'll learn a hell of a lot, it's going to be a blast— and it's my money, not yours.
You can clearly tell that this was written by Nick.

Last edited by women'sdesk; 08-08-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by women'sdesk View Post
You can clearly tell that this was written by Nick, also the name Hogfather, isn't very original sounds a lot like Godmother? Speech is exactly the same in all the fake posts: paragraph - joke - paragraph - gain trust - paragraph - plug new product etc. Just thought it was amusing is all! lol
Um...huh? Michael discloses his name in the next post. He even admits to having taken my retouching class and my PhotoKamp, so no one is pretending we don't know each other.

But I'll give you credit, y'all are getting more creative everyday!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Um...huh? Michael discloses his name in the next post. He even admits to having taken my retouching class and my PhotoKamp, so no one is pretending we don't know each other.

But I'll give you credit, y'all are getting more creative everyday!
Who is Michael?

Last edited by women'sdesk; 08-08-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by women'sdesk View Post
What is Michael's last name? give us a link to his facebook, linkedin page or website. if the profile is created with today's date we'll know that you're not a very good pathological liar, which will be great for business right? lol
Are you serious?

(From 03-14-2011 11:22 AM reply)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogfather View Post
Ha ha. This is fun. We are to believe this brand-new (joined to forum specifically to lob ad hominem attacks) anonymous poster who says he is a Vogue published photographer and flies to St. Barts....and how do we know this? Because this same self-congratulating anonymous "non-broke photographer" person says so. Oh right. QED. You got me.

Again, motive. motive. motive. My name is Michael Nebeker. I'm a health care professional in Utah. I'm not anonymous, what's your name Trendkiller so we can verify your claimed credentials? Who knows, maybe your story isn't all made up just for the purpose of character/reputation attacks. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelnebeker
Unlikely I could make 73 connections on a page I made up today. His health care credentials are posted there and also a link to the company site—a business in Utah.

His other company, Got Lashes (which I note in on my Testimonials page, and is also listed on his LinkedIn profile) can be seen here: http://gotlashes.net

women'sdesk: Why would you call me a pathological liar when you don't even know me?

Though I'm happy to address even the harshest of criticism, posts have gone from legitimate product reviews & price concerns to downright mean character attacks. Though I may not have liked or agreed with some of the things Flashtones or Cuervo79—two very intelligent and respected members of this community—said to me throughout this thread, at least they stayed on-topic and encouraged debate. You new guys are off the rails.

What's most amazing to me is that no one even commented on the announcement that my retouching techniques—like 'em or not—work in 3D. I would think someone in the world's leading retouching forum might be the curious about that.

My greatest hope is that we can remove this negativity and divisiveness, and together we can usher in a new era of unprecedented creativity and freedom for artists. Wishing only the best to all of you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 AM

Good luck with your dvds and kim kardashian work, it looks like you are doing well for yourself

Last edited by women'sdesk; 08-08-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 AM

Think this is getting a bit too much, at the end of the day we're all here for a shared interest in retouching. Some people are on here to learn, some to gloat and some to find extra business. The original point of this post has been lost along with courtesy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet01 View Post
Think this is getting a bit too much, at the end of the day we're all here for a shared interest in retouching. Some people are on here to learn, some to gloat and some to find extra business. The original point of this post has been lost along with courtesy.
I agree. If the only inputs that can be generated are personal attacks, then perhaps it is time to close this thread. Let's keep the replies on topic.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching