RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Give me your opinion on this picture

Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 AM

Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

A little too much.
The more natural the better.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 AM

There's no question "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so. . . if this pleases you, then for you, it's fine. Here at Retouch Pro, you'll find a wide variety of individuals that will give you an honest opinion from their perspective, so keep an open mind. However, these images don't fall into a category one would call a retouch. I can see from your post that you are going for a type of art style. That said, I would suggest you post your work for a photo-art critique for proper feedback, that way you may get a response that may be of more benefit to you. I'm saying this so you don't become discouraged by the negative comments because you posted this, in my opinion, in the wrong forum. Keep doing your thing and see how people respond to your efforts.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 AM

I agree with LQQker. It doesn't seem to fit the description of straight "retouch".

There are some good points to your image, her eyes and lips are bright and sparkly. Over all however, the patterns and layers seem to be applied in a sloppy manner. The red and black texture is overlapping her skin on her chest and shoulder. There's a big black shadow on the right side of her face. The change in hair color does not blend in with her actual hair. It looks like it was spray painted on.

My suggestions:
For her hair, put the color on a separate layer and add a layer mask so you can add or subtract around the edges so it looks cleaner and it's not fading into the background, then adjust the blending mode of the hair color layer to multiply or overlay. Just play with the different blending modes until you find something you like, something that makes the color a LITTLE more natural

For the texture edges I would do the same thing. Apply your texture as a separate layer and use a layer mask so the edges are tighter

I don't think your image is terrible at all. I just don't think it's what most of us picture when we think of the word "retouch". To me this would be more of a straight up photo manip
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM

Agreed it is in the wrong forum , not the photo-art forum though, maybe the retouching forum. Many of the images in the retouching forum are as extremely changed as this one. They are accepted as an improvement and acclaimed as high end retouching. This image is pretty artful and I have seen girls in public like this, so again retouching forum. In all I like it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM

no comment
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKER View Post
There's no question "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so. . . if this pleases you, then for you, it's fine. Here at Retouch Pro, you'll find a wide variety of individuals that will give you an honest opinion from their perspective, so keep an open mind. However, these images don't fall into a category one would call a retouch. I can see from your post that you are going for a type of art style. That said, I would suggest you post your work for a photo-art critique for proper feedback, that way you may get a response that may be of more benefit to you. I'm saying this so you don't become discouraged by the negative comments because you posted this, in my opinion, in the wrong forum. Keep doing your thing and see how people respond to your efforts.
Thank u so much LQQKER that was really helpful i will defiantly listen to your advice thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 PM

THANK U ALL for your advice
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 PM

wheres the rest of your work?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching