RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Give me your opinion on this picture

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-27-2009, 10:42 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Give me your opinion on this picture

hi guys just finished another retouchd pic before and afters what do u think???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retouchpro.jpg (66.9 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg my-modelretouchpro.jpg (68.6 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by v111; 12-27-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

here is another pic of same model
Attached Images
File Type: jpg girlbackgrounartretouchpro.jpg (81.3 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 AM
slash-5 slash-5 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 93
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

Could you please give us an idea of what you were going for?
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 12-28-2009, 01:24 AM
secretagents secretagents is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 310
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

I would not think this qualifies as retouching but rather as "artification" or something.
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretagents View Post
I would not think this qualifies as retouching but rather as "artification" or something.
yeah u r right its way much more than a retouch lol
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
aartist's Avatar
aartist aartist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-West
Posts: 461
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

She sure is pretty. Wonder if retouching would be necessary without those beautiful women out there?
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by aartist View Post
She sure is pretty. Wonder if retouching would be necessary without those beautiful women out there?
I have been practicing new techniques since i last posted on retouch pro , i just hope its worthy for my portfolio?
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash-5 View Post
Could you please give us an idea of what you were going for?
I just going for something that said (BAMB) look at me
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Jack The Ripper's Avatar
Jack The Ripper Jack The Ripper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Littleton, Colorado
Posts: 121
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

ok, dont take this the wrong way, i certainly dont mean anything personal by this, but i would keep that about as far away from your portfolio as possible.

it lacks any real direction, ive seen plenty of work where they go one extreme or another, but there is an extreme direction they are taking it. This is just extremely lost

if anyone asks "what direction are you trying to go with this" that usually means it lost its purpose, with some time im sure you will get far more "I like where you took this"

My number one gripe is the hair. The bulk of it is totally covered up with alternating bands of yellow, but on the outsides you see where it fades into the real hair. it literally looks like it was very half-assed without any attention to the detail.

the detail itself seems inconsistant, the face is supersmooth but the clothes are gritty.

I would re-do the hair from scratch, and really get in there and make sure if you are replacing the hair that you get all of it.


sorry man. im not trying to be a dick in any way, but there seems to be no direction at all, think about the image as a whole and what you would like to accomplish, try it one step at a time, come here and get tips and advice on how to achieve various effects.

Keep at it man!

-cheers
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 12-28-2009, 09:13 PM
v111 v111 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 76
Re: Give me your opinion on this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Ripper View Post
ok, dont take this the wrong way, i certainly dont mean anything personal by this, but i would keep that about as far away from your portfolio as possible.

it lacks any real direction, ive seen plenty of work where they go one extreme or another, but there is an extreme direction they are taking it. This is just extremely lost

if anyone asks "what direction are you trying to go with this" that usually means it lost its purpose, with some time im sure you will get far more "I like where you took this"

My number one gripe is the hair. The bulk of it is totally covered up with alternating bands of yellow, but on the outsides you see where it fades into the real hair. it literally looks like it was very half-assed without any attention to the detail.

the detail itself seems inconsistant, the face is supersmooth but the clothes are gritty.

I would re-do the hair from scratch, and really get in there and make sure if you are replacing the hair that you get all of it.


sorry man. im not trying to be a dick in any way, but there seems to be no direction at all, think about the image as a whole and what you would like to accomplish, try it one step at a time, come here and get tips and advice on how to achieve various effects.

Keep at it man!

-cheers
I was not going in a certain direction apart from adding new techniques of what i have learned in the past 2 weeks ? i have lots of natural retouch pictures so i wanted to do some- thing overly processed, i guess u could call it Mannequin Club BARBIE
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making a black border around a picture? oiram Image Help 8 04-21-2009 02:18 PM
OK I give up... I'm stumped. DXM Photo Retouching 11 03-07-2009 11:02 PM
1960 wedding picture randyjr Photo Restoration 13 03-05-2009 10:03 AM
Need help with grandparents picture rosierosierosie Photo Restoration 11 04-06-2008 06:58 AM
Need help with FADED x-mas picture mpsa Photo Restoration 10 02-01-2008 11:17 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved