RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Fine Art Vs Creativity in photoshop.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:22 AM

Re: Fine Art Vs Creativity in photoshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaFox View Post
Hey Indiasfotoart,

IMO. An artist eye is essential. Painting, drawing and sculpture classes show you how to look at, and see things differently. Your hands are just what you use to get what your eye sees. Whether it's a brush or a mouse, you still have to know what "good" looks like.

Photoshop is an art program. It has most of the tools and none of the mess of fine art. I wish all retouchers would take (at least some) fine art classes, because at the end of the day we need to SEE whether something looks good or not.

The biggest difference between fine art and retouching is good retouchers get paid for what you DON'T see.

Good luck, bp

PS. If you're in a big hurry to "learn art" and make a whole bunch of money, please disregard my post.
I'm totally agree with you, even I know most of the tools photoshop but without creative and different eye I can not use them at their highest level. I don't want in a hurry to learn the things but I don't want to sit idle.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2010, 08:23 AM

I think guidence plays very very important role to make our vision wider.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvaFox View Post
Hey Indiasfotoart,

IMO. An artist eye is essential. Painting, drawing and sculpture classes show you how to look at, and see things differently. Your hands are just what you use to get what your eye sees. Whether it's a brush or a mouse, you still have to know what "good" looks like.

Photoshop is an art program. It has most of the tools and none of the mess of fine art. I wish all retouchers would take (at least some) fine art classes, because at the end of the day we need to SEE whether something looks good or not.

The biggest difference between fine art and retouching is good retouchers get paid for what you DON'T see.

Good luck, bp

PS. If you're in a big hurry to "learn art" and make a whole bunch of money, please disregard my post.

But who decides what looks good and what dosn't look good in the art world???

To me some of the most popular and expensive art ever created wouldn't go up on walls even if it was given to me for free.

I guess we all have different tastes when it comes to art which keeps it interesting.

Something to think about...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2010, 05:47 PM

I personally think that Art is a languaje, because art is the need to express something, essentially. Without nothing to say, there is no art. In consequence, every expression needs a languaje in order to be someway, manifested. And languaje is nothing without a system, which organizes its symbols. As result, Art is a languaje based in an organized system of symbols, the same than any other languaje that allows us to express ourselves. Because the nature of languaje is not only giving a body to our thoughts it's also a way to share what we think, so others should understand that languaje and who "writes" it too. Then come different languajes, some more technical, others more intellectual, others more metaphoric, others more passionate and others just plain languaje without grace. It's like reading a technical book, a philosophy book, a novel or just the newspaper. The same happens with Art, being most common the "newspaper art".
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching