RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Retouch this Picture - gf contribution

Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM

Retouch this Picture - gf contribution

I'm a new photographer and retoucher. Got a lot out of the "Retouch this Picture to your hearts content" 204studios post, thought I'd contribute. Please credit Greg Fiske if its used elsewhere, and add CC if you want a critique. Raw file is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wfgd3y

My attempt was from christy schuler tutorials. I'd like to study other skin techniques so any links/tutorials you have would be appreciated (advanced methods). CC welcomed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_8905.jpg (96.3 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_8905_retouch.jpg (96.6 KB, 175 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 PM

Re: Retouch this Picture - gf contribution

Oh, and the thing I struggle with a lot is going to far with PS. I like the more natural look, but I guess any beginners mistake is to overdo it. So any advice would be great.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2010, 09:28 AM

The retouched photo is better than the basic one, although you changed the color tons, with that the details on the door came out, there are white dots and stuff...
Same on the skin, there are little details you should smooth, and there are like a little hair just next to her eye, you can erase it while keeping the global aspect of the pic.

It's not because you remove one piece of hair or a skin pimple... that you change the photo while you keep the face's features.

There are different scales in a photo retouching, you can keep it slight or going to the extrem, it depends what you want to be done on the photo!

Regards,
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by iunknown2008 View Post
I'm a new photographer and retoucher. Got a lot out of the "Retouch this Picture to your hearts content" 204studios post, thought I'd contribute. Please credit Greg Fiske if its used elsewhere, and add CC if you want a critique. Raw file is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wfgd3y

My attempt was from christy schuler tutorials. I'd like to study other skin techniques so any links/tutorials you have would be appreciated (advanced methods). CC welcomed.
I tried to download the RAW (file not available!) ... Which is one of the problems of using sites like 'sendspace' to host your image.... FAQ: A file becomes inactive if it has not been downloaded at least once during a 30 day period.

Other Hosts: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) photobucket.com (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching