RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Rate our Beauty Retouching Tutorial

Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Patron

Re: Rate our Beauty Retouching Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_v View Post
Hello,

we would like some of the pro retouchers (Chris/Ant if you guys are listening) to rate/comment on our indepth retouching tutorial here

http://lidophotography.blogspot.com/...etouching.html

with their views as we are coming up with one more soon and would like to improve.

All enthusiasts are always welcome as we like to share what we've learnt and hearing comments always opens eyes to newer perspectives. There are NO secrets anymore....just hardcore skill and patience.

The newbies are in for a treat

sid
Sid, Welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you enjoy your stay here and make lots of friends. Poke around, ask questions, offer help, have fun!

I am not a Pro but am also looking forward to seeing what the Pro's have to say..

In my opinion, I think you have an excellent Blog filled with comprehensive information written in a pleasant and easy to understand format with links to even more great information.. My hope is that many people from RetouchPRO take advantage of your expertise and explore your very informative archives..

I am looking forward to your upcoming insights... A great body of work thus far!! Good Job!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 AM

thankyou for all the varied insights.

For Quantum: I completely agree that it is the passion that drives a person to achieve the best. Ofcourse, these tutorials won't make you a pro nor it is a complete tutorial....we haven't claimed it anywhere. There are yet so many parts to cover, about eyelashes, wrap and liquify, hair, more alternative techniques of skin retouching etc. And they will come bit by bit in other tutorials. Like Buddha said, this is a start point. I could have put Part 1, but i don't know how many parts it will take. Actually it won't end. Because, i won't stop learning, no matter how much i know. Btw, when i started out, i searched and hunted for over 38 hours to find a couple of lines that help me teach something new. Man, i would be much better if i knew what i know now. Yes, DVDs and blogs, wont make newbies pros, we didn't have them when we started out...none of the older pros did...things were being invented around us....but, if these dvds were available in 2000, it would sell more than MJ's Thriller .

flexmata: I don't intend to kill anyones business by just some guidelines i put here. We ourselves do this stuff for a living. But i always think, by sharing we grow. And thats how we learnt. Little tidbits of info from assisting pros, magazines, websites even this one when it started out.

Olblady: thanx for the kind words....for sure, we will devote every spare time on more tutorials...both retouching and lighting. Btw, i've been lurking around a mainly a decade back and now......
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 AM

That I was aiming to. But I think the terms "Advanced Beauty Retouch" are far away from what you put in your blog, meaning those tutorials doesn't cover the 1% of Beauty, nor the term "Advanced". If you know those tutorials are more useful for newbies, why using the word "Advanced"? Probably Newbie Basic/Medium Beauty Retouch Techniques will fit better.

I have been asked many times for tutorials, you know, just like the work of more than 25 hours straight could be writen up in a tutorial... not to mention the years of experience behind the image... it's impossible! But newboes believe it ¡s possible...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM

Hello sid,

I think what you're doing is very respectable plus it's really nice of you to share what you know like that.

I disagree with most of the techniques, but every retoucher with its little book right?

Keep on sharing and Good luck!

xx
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 AM

well...i thought about the title....and we really feel it is more advanced than what many people are used to....come on....i've seen people with blurring techniques called their secret hi-end at one time...even here on this site. Of course, what you are talking about is hi end retouching....and those will take a lot of time and effort to build a tutorial around...esp for free. But i still feel...more of the 99% of the beauty secrets as you say is left out in my current tutorial, we both know of that 90% is skill and hardwork .
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 09:23 AM

I'm very happy for this blog, so detailed, so well written...and it really helps a noob ...not only with the retouching...but also the workflow, and the "thinking"..if u know what i mean...so thx alot!!!...loved it!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 09:28 AM

thnx godmother,

that is exactly the point of this post. to share and learn and get better than ever. I'm glad you have your own tricks...every pro here will. And, like photography, it is a matter of taste. Personally, we are not into the barbiedoll skin with texture wall paper on it....comeon, every 16yr old knows the glossies have gone through some amount of retouching.

Well, i'm talking little bit like a pure photographer now...but really, i see dave hill, jill greenberg, douglas bizzaro/elizabeth moss and markus/indranis work(where i think this beauty retouch craze started first), but i don't think i want my images to look like theirs. They have used retouching to create a style for their image. Many old school photographers hate that. If all the retouchers did the same technique, poor photographers work will look the same. I can't tell who the hell shot which beauty shoot in any mag.....THEY ALL LOOK SAME. But,.........you KNOW when you see a peter lindbergh in there
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
thnx godmother,
Personally, we are not into the barbiedoll skin with texture wall paper on it....comeon, every 16yr old knows the glossies have gone through some amount of retouching.
Maybe this is the "english" thing getting in the way... but are you implying I am? I hope not

x
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 AM

no no godmother, i meant the magazines standard these days, which all pro retouchers have to live up to....if the photog doesn't have a voice/taste stronger than the magazine. Btw, i just saw your portfolio....really nice...thumbs up! And i am also a big fan of Chris T's work here...its the perfect balance between real world and space.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 AM

Thumbs up Re: Rate our Beauty Retouching Tutorial

Quote:
well...i thought about the title....and we really feel it is more advanced than what many people are used to....come on....i've seen people with blurring techniques called their secret hi-end at one time...even here on this site. Of course, what you are talking about is hi end retouching....and those will take a lot of time and effort to build a tutorial around...esp for free. But i still feel...more of the 99% of the beauty secrets as you say is left out in my current tutorial, we both know of that 90% is skill and hardwork .
Yes it's more advanced than many other tutorials around the web, but to me, advanced means [U]A D V A N C E D[/U]. Sometimes words doesn't match our subjective concepts, you see.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching