RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Advice on beauty image for retouch

Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 PM

Re: Advice on beauty image for retouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretagents View Post
Very sloppy quick hack done with KPT Equalizer and the history brush in 10-15 minutes. Also used the healing brush a bit and curves.
i dont like it yours looks dull and patchy an she still has bad skin and eyes and dark roots, girl needs her roots lightened if she cant go hairdressers , i prefer mine,oh and i dont think her eyes r overdone her eyes naturally popped out coz she has lovely eyes u have to exaggerate beauty,thats what people want to see in glossy mags and commercial advertisements HELLO,dont listen to most of the negative stuff what goes on this site because most of these guys dont have a clue about Fashion advertisement and Pr
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceto81 View Post
Split frequencies, healing brush and D&B, took about 15min.

Ace
i dont like it yours looks dull and patchy an she still has bad skin and eyes and dark roots, girl needs her roots lightened if she cant go hairdressers , i prefer mine,oh and i dont think her eyes r overdone her eyes naturally popped out coz she has lovely eyes u have to exaggerate beauty,thats what people want to see in glossy mags and commercial advertisements HELLO,dont listen to most of the negative stuff what goes on this site because most of these guys dont have a clue about Fashion advertisement and Pr
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexmanta View Post
Ok, i just hate it when it goes like this.
If you start with an image that has already been compressed down to 100Kb, no matter what you do to it, it will not look like an uncompressed raw, even if you open it in photoshop and save it with no compression. All the image quality you are retaining there, is the "perfectly well represented jpeg artifacts" that were already there.

Wetransfer is NOT the way to upload images. For sharing images outside of the forum and it's size limitations, there are well known servers that will host your image and give you a direct link that wont make you sit through a countdown, and never ever will make you download a zipfile.

If you are going to blur skin to make it a design element or just because the client want's you to (or even if you just like how it looks), do it properly. You can't just blur the crap out of a piece of skin and leave areas unmasked... look at where the hair meets the forehead, and the eyes, and well even the blurred part is not completely blurred. And it's always a good idea to extract high frecuency of the original piece to clean it and put it on top, so that it looks plastic but skinlike plastic.

And let me show you what 100Kb looks like..
u do know this is my fashion image what u r using what i posted when i first joined so i would like u to credit me for using this image please?????
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexmanta View Post
Ok, i just hate it when it goes like this.
If you start with an image that has already been compressed down to 100Kb, no matter what you do to it, it will not look like an uncompressed raw, even if you open it in photoshop and save it with no compression. All the image quality you are retaining there, is the "perfectly well represented jpeg artifacts" that were already there.

Wetransfer is NOT the way to upload images. For sharing images outside of the forum and it's size limitations, there are well known servers that will host your image and give you a direct link that wont make you sit through a countdown, and never ever will make you download a zipfile.

If you are going to blur skin to make it a design element or just because the client want's you to (or even if you just like how it looks), do it properly. You can't just blur the crap out of a piece of skin and leave areas unmasked... look at where the hair meets the forehead, and the eyes, and well even the blurred part is not completely blurred. And it's always a good idea to extract high frecuency of the original piece to clean it and put it on top, so that it looks plastic but skinlike plastic.

And let me show you what 100Kb looks like..
i retouched that image and posted the original on this site did u use it u naughty?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching