RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Calvinize...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 AM

Re: Calvinize...

Has anyone watched the 'photoshop topsecret' tutorials? Can they be compared any way to 'calvinize'? Wich one is better?

Going to buy this calvinize-thing today maybe...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 03:31 AM

I've seen the photoshop top secrets series dvd 1 to 5...
And no, in my mind it can not be compared...

In my mind Calvin teaches tequnices that make you think abit different, atleast i did..and he shows some fantastic teq. reguarding looks that i've wounder "how do they do that"...and he shows some yaw-dropping teq. reguarding retouching skin, and fasion overall...

Photoshop Top Secrets shows stuff that are more....hmmm....lets say artistic..fantasy if u want...like a frog made of melting chockolad and so on..

PTSEC is a huge series og f 5 dvd's and u will see a wide range of tequnices. It really depends of your photoshop-level...but i find Calvins tequnies more..in a way uniqe..atleast for my level...and thats cuz he changed my mind about how to retouch, and how to think photoshop in general...

this is my opinion..i can only speak for myself...guess it could be a personal view appending about photoshop-level and so on...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 03:38 AM

Hope i won't be disappointed after the purchase then...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 AM

Manzneri: Calvins or PSTSEC?
Well in my opinion it's all about your current photoshop-level....what i can say is that my own level is..well kinda over avarage (i hope) ...but it also depends on what kind of images you working on--..in fasion/beauty i'm kinda avarage plus...but let's say landscape, i'm rubbish ...
So it all depends...but after i bought Calvins course..i've expanded even more in photoshop...and thats cuz he thought me..not only the tips and tricks...but also they i think...my approch to the images...and so on...

so, even if you are high-skilled photoshoper...i think u will learn a thing or two
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 AM

Blah. Registered to Training/Tutorials section and after selecting the calvinize to the cart and proceeding to the check out at the point where i insert my card number, expiration etc. and push the 'pay' button...nothing happens? Has anyone else experienced any problems.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manzneri View Post
Blah. Registered to Training/Tutorials section and after selecting the calvinize to the cart and proceeding to the check out at the point where i insert my card number, expiration etc. and push the 'pay' button...nothing happens? Has anyone else experienced any problems.
Yeah! I felt like a Dunce. It is not all that seamless in the purchasing process. But I finally got it and the download was on its way!

So worth it for me. He is a nice guy to listen to. . . and to learn from. Well worth the money!

Top Secret appealed to me, but it was just too secret. A lot of cash for not having a reasonable preview!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 AM

Thinking again about "Photoshop Top Secret" and why I never got it. I think that it was over "Marketed" in the sense of SECRETS of which there are few. The thought that this huge volume of DVD's will "suddenly" open everything to you, still is a turn off for me, That is not life! Anything good comes from study and time!

By the way, I just checked Ebay and a set of 4 secrets DVD's showed up with a current bid of a little more that $50. I would not be surprised to see more on Ebay and a few on Craig's list as well!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreesOfMyTime View Post
Yeah! I felt like a Dunce. It is not all that seamless in the purchasing process. But I finally got it and the download was on its way!

So worth it for me. He is a nice guy to listen to. . . and to learn from. Well worth the money!

Top Secret appealed to me, but it was just too secret. A lot of cash for not having a reasonable preview!
So, what problems did you have and how did you manage? I'm thinking that maybe i should send email straight to calvin...
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 09:42 AM

Read as much of the other thread below as you can. Others had issues and Calvin responded with help. You can also email him and he will answer! My recollection is that you cannot get to some key place until you have paid (Doh) , but I could not get there because I could not see the MY CART button because of screen color. (or stupidity on my part)

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...hniques-7.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM

i had no problem what so ever with the purshasing....straight away i got the dl's..
I'm in europe, same as calvin..might made it easier...
anyway..explain the problem exactly and i'll help uot as much as i can..u can PM or e-mail if you want to..

...don't let a minor problem stop a major opportunity :O)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching