RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Calvinize...

Old 02-09-2010, 07:44 PM

Calvinize...

Just 15 minutes of watching this video and already, i learned something extremely useful for my workflow.

Opening from lightroom as Smart Objects.

Thanks Calvin, paid in full already. And i'm just on the BASIC Raw conversion! haha

And btw, your English is great! I think it's a positive that you are not a native English speaker, because it forces you to speak a little slower and allows people to comprehend what you are saying.

Great job! Ok, just had to say that. Back to video...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM

Re: Calvinize...

Let me say this:

I had my share with online training videos...and hour after hour with Cris Orwig, Scott Kelby, Dr.Deke...and so on..but i have NEVER learned so much as i did with Calvin and his "Calvanized!...and i got too say the tequnices he teaches are just stunning. And his english is very good for a guy that ain't english...i understood every single word!!

What he teaches is perfect for those who know most of the basic. My own experiance is that when u know the basic..it kinda stops abit...I keep playing around with blending-modes, filters, and all off the assets...but i always wounder "ok, what can i do with this basic, layers, and so on...Calvin opened my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities, and i felt more creative, more inspirated then ever before.

The way he teaches, is for me, just damn brilliant!!...he show "why", he show "why not", he's telling the advanage, and the disadvanages..absolutley perfect.

His fantastic humor, the way he "approches" the images, telling his way of thinking, and the way u get sucked into his tutorials are just brilliant.

Everything was perfect from the minute i registerd, untill the download was finished. It was so easy, and i loved the fact that u don't need PayPal or other "online" methodes for purshasing..witch makes it all sooo easy, simple and straight foreward.

Now, i'm not a proffesional in any way, and i'm not qualified to review his videotraining in with the "proffesional eyes".. when it comes to the tequnices,....but for me, i find it just stunning, and jaw-dropping. And i have to say that this really made my world around images, and photoshop, soo much more exiting..cuz i've learn to "think" abit different, and now....i really know how to do stunning things now..

I've always though.."that's very cool...but how the **** do they do it"...now i got the "edge" to maybe understand...and that's the amazing thing...u don't need to understand every single slider, settings, or even every filter!

I can not thank Calvin enough for his effords..and in english even!!
I know this seems like u learn like everything..no u don't, but you teach many brilliant tequnices, that are soo helpful, and it opened my eyes for a whole new photoshop experiance!!

Of course, everybody is on a different level..and some of you may know the tequnices...but this is my own thoughs around this...and i can just talk for myself.

So again..Calvin just lifted my Photoshop skill-level, my experiance, my way the approch images, my way of general thinking in Photoshop....what more can you wish for??!!!

If i ever see Calvin, i will give him a hug, and i don't care if he don't want to!!...i'm gonna give him a hug anyway, and say thank you, thank you, thank you....cuz this is just damn spectaculare!!!!!!!

And for those who think "oh look at him..showing of, hoping Calvin read this"..well come on!..i will defend every single word i've said...written in fact..cuz there is a saying in Norway..and it goes like this "Your should honor those how makes a different"....and in this case...

Calvin is my HERO!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:12 AM

Where can i find this video?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manzneri View Post
Where can i find this video?
calvinhollywood
Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 AM

http://www.calvinhollywood-blog.com/...Trainings.html

The cool thing about this system, is thatyou got accses too your trainingvideos when ever u got internet

...like me as we speak..sitting at work and watching Calvin in action...brilliant isnt it??

Last edited by _Steve_; 02-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:43 AM

http://calvinhollywood.de/onlinetraining.asp

I finished up until the channels section last night. I kept throwing up my arms, i knew how to do some of the things he was teaching, but he had such simpler methods. Real time savers. I started to get pissed off actually, because it's like... i felt like i didn't know photoshop at all.

The DVD isn't really meant to be taken in all at once. It's long (In a good way), and i'll be going back to reference it often. I couldn't believe some of these techniques were as simple as he was saying, so i had to open one of my photos to try it out, and sure enough, it was.

He includes all the images on the DVD as well, so you can follow along.

I have to say, i'm not a beginner in photoshop by any means, but i now realize there are easier ways to do things. This is some of the best money i've ever spent.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:42 AM

im definitely interested in this video. Would like to know if I will be able to backup up these videos on to a hard drive or DVD? Computers crash and burn and would hate to loose out on my investment.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 PM

I bought it last weekend and I'm very very happy with it!
The tutorials are very good and you get awesome effects very easy.

My english isn't very good... I'm spanish and I understand the videos perfectly!

You can watch the videos directly from the web & You can download it 800Mb.

Really good!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Steve_ View Post
http://www.calvinhollywood-blog.com/...Trainings.html

The cool thing about this system, is thatyou got accses too your trainingvideos when ever u got internet
I've got internet! But none of the (Flash) videos will run in Safari. They will run in Chrome and Firefox, though!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:26 PM

Sweet. thanks jferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferrer View Post
I bought it last weekend and I'm very very happy with it!
The tutorials are very good and you get awesome effects very easy.

My english isn't very good... I'm spanish and I understand the videos perfectly!

You can watch the videos directly from the web & You can download it 800Mb.

Really good!

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching