RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Spidery eyeslashes

Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Patron

Re: Spidery eyeslashes

I used eyelash brushes as found here in the RetouchPRO tutorials: Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. included)

Put each lash (I use black) on its own layer (4 different layers.. one for each eyelash) - OR - if you just use one new layer for all the lashes... make sure you select only the lash you want to work on before using the FreeTransform tool.

free transform to fit the eyes

lower opacity till they look good

Last edited by 0lBaldy; 03-12-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: added some instructions
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2010, 02:25 AM

Thumbs up Re: Spidery eyeslashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lBaldy View Post
I used eyelash brushes as found here in the RetouchPRO tutorials: Making a eyelash brush ( 4 free eyelash pic. included)

Put each lash (I use black) on its own layer (4 different layers.. one for each eyelash) - OR - if you just use one new layer for all the lashes... make sure you select only the lash you want to work on before using the FreeTransform tool.

free transform to fit the eyes

lower opacity till they look good
Thank you so much for your reply and tips and links for the lashes I will try your way and shall post the photo on the forum.

helen
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2010, 07:06 AM

There are many ways to do eyelasches..i've tried several, but in my mind, the smudgetool could be the most realistic, if u don't wanna use bruches..
..cuz thats what i do...buy some realistic eyelasch-brushes, prepare them good, and wack em on...i've done this even on hi-end...and nobody sees the diff. What u need to take care of using bruches is the light, and shadow..and find a perfect balance. In most cases, eyeslaches always cast some kind of shadows..
i know soe retoucher don't use brushes, cuz it i kind of "cheating"...it all depends og the final result, your customers opinion and the look..sometimes i just have to use the smudgetool, or even the normalbrush, and prepare the the stroke..

if u search the net, u will find many tutorials on this issue, and some of them are infact very good, and very realistic!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Patron

Just to be clear... the brushes were meant to be used if you are going to smudge the picture anyway..

For realistic eyelashes using the pen tool is the best way and there is a good video tutorial HERE on using the pen tool to fill in the eyelashes that will look real..

OR

Non-video short tutorial

Use the "freeform pen tool" to draw your own lashes (click here) . Drawing on a new softlight layer (only one new layer needed)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching