Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

can somebody help to obtain such effect?

Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Newbie can somebody help to obtain such effect?

i like the style of these photos

in the first photo i love everything
i know it's a diffused effect but don't know the name and did not find a tutorial

in this shot i love the predominant, prevailing blue
i played with color balance and the white balance in raw
but nothing compared to this shot

i did not upload the photos because i'm not the author, and i don't know the forum rules

is there a way to add the link and let the users of this forum see it like a thumb

best regarards
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Re: can somebody help to obtain such effect?

Technique, technique... most of this stuff can be done during conversion. Forget about tutorials. Play with your converter's sliders. Once you know what each does, you will imediately know how 90% of the photos are done, especially on the second one, in which, apart from basic retouch, most of the colour is done balancing white and desaturating.

Know that, for it to work and to give the same feeling as these images, not everything can be done in post. The actual photo is most of the story here.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Re: can somebody help to obtain such effect?

Good words to live by Flex and it is nice to see someone else posting the advice that I am so often on my soapbox about. Learn your art, the why, where and how your images come to be. Back when a lot of us had to learn how to make images on film because digital was not yet available to the masses, we had to learn how to make exposures and composition in the camera because film was expensive and it was very time intensive. Now you have photographers making images digitally who never first learned the basics of the art they are so "passionate" about. If a person interested in making the images that have become so popular like the ones asked about by the person who started this thread they would know that the key to it all is taking the time to learn to make good exposures, how to operate the camera and then the software they use for editing, (mostly Photoshop). If we learn those basics first then we will along the way learn that it is the basics that matter most. Tutorials are great but first we need to know what the tools are and how they operate so that the tutorials make sense to us and we can put the ingredients together that in the end will make a pleasing image much like putting the right ingredients in the recipe to make a cake. I'll get off of my soapbox again but what I am trying to say is, I will offer any of what knowledge I have to help someone create the final image they want and the first lesson to learn is, garbage in equals garbage out. Digital imagery may be a magical recipe but your final image will be no better than the lighting, composition and subject matter that we started with. Good stuff in equals good stuff out.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching