RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

sounds like a newbie question

Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 AM

sounds like a newbie question

hi all thank you for checking this out. I have did many auto retouches, other retouches, restorations, and manipulations. I have did many "people and animal" retouches before. But its been a long time and the ones i have did i never asked for permission to use only because i thought i would never need them. I am not in touch with these people anymore from when i moved so instead of trying to track those people down. I would rather start fresh. I wanted to know if any photographers on here could maybe posts some "human" pics for retouching to help with building that on my portfolio. I would give full credit to any photo's used with a special thanks also a link to your site if you wanted. I have looked through the practice section here but alot of links are down. I do quality retouches and would show you any changes and links to any profile i use them for. I want to create a model mayhem profile but i cant without human pics. But i respect the photographers that let me use their pics thats why i havent posted old ones i have done. So your pics would just be used for my portfolio and MM profile to get it started. You are welcome to message me or post them here.

I have made a couple auto tutorials on this site and plan to making some human retouching tutorials in the future as well.

Thank you for anyone viewing this and can help in this for me. It's greatly appreciated. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section wasnt sure what it would be classified as. ty again
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2010, 12:56 PM

Re: sounds like a newbie question

Why don't you hunt for RAW pics on MM directly, there are tons of them you could use there:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=76
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM

Since you're a MM-member, did you already check (and retouch ) those RAW images here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=76?

Edit: Wow, that was a minute too slow!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Thank you very much for your quick responses. I did make an account there but my account is in limbo because i posted my auto retouches. They denied my account until i can get some human retouches. I did a retouch or 2 from a post or 2 but couldn't post the results of it and ask for permission to use it. So i can't PM anyone to ask for permission or even post on the forum. I got a moderator to send me a message but they said i need human retouches. Do you know if they have some pics up there that are free for use just for portfolios? I just need the initial 4 photos to get my account started. Thank you once again for any additional info you can provide its greatly appreciated. You guys rock!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 PM

I guess I got most of my initial images by retouching some of the practice files there :-).
Just check, whether they allow portfolio use, if they do, you may as well use them to register.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching