Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Beauty & Hair Retouching: Best money ever spent

Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Thumbs up Beauty & Hair Retouching: Best money ever spent

Hi folks, I allocated the last two days of last week to watch the dvd, it took a lot longer and of course, it is hard to sit for 11:30 hours straight to watch any thing.

This is an outstanding work, it is real tutorial/educational dvd. Be prepared to take a lot of notes, I could not keep up, some time I would note down a technique and others, I would just reference the chapter/lesson number.

Amazing thing is Natalia is using basic photoshop tools to create wonderful and amazing stuff. brush, smudge, masks, curves, hue/Sat, blur & Apply. that is it. The devil is in the details.

She starts a correction using simple stuff, you would not know what to expect or where is she going with it, next thing you know, you are looking at master piece.

Unlike any other instructor, she does not hold back anything, she shares all her knowledge and you get to watch in real time as she progress through the steps one after another and you would see it happening at the front of your eyes. Just have some music playing in the back ground.

I did not even finish the last two chapters, they both cover hair. Too much information in few days. If you are creative enough, you could apply her techniques on any thing else, not just beauty retouching. The "eye pop" section is out of this world, and it is short too, i think like 15 minutes , but the way she attacks the subject is amazing, it really puts me to shame, but then again, that is why I ordered the dvd after reading few reviews her, but those reviews don't do her justice. I mean, if you just see how she cleans up the face! man, it is a feat in itslef.

This dvd opened new doors wide to me and my creativity. There really are no limits to what one can do using her teachings. Be prepared though, she uses photoshop tools in a way that was never -almost- intended to be. The smudge tool for example, oh my, what could be done with it. I did a lot of smudge painting before and very well familiar with this tool and how it is used but Natalia added new dimensions to this tool. Photoshop will never look the same again, specially the smudge tool!

And this is not a boring dvd, it is lively and she keeps you entertained and awake all the time. and she has great sense of humor.

I am not affiliated with Natalia -I wish- or the outlet that sells the dvd, I am just glad I got across this dvd.

Thank you Godmother-Natalia.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Re: Beauty & Hair Retouching: Best money ever spen

I agree, it's an excellent DVD and I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning more about beauty retouching!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Re: Beauty & Hair Retouching: Best money ever spen

I haven't actually even finished it yet. Got a day off next week so will be doing it all day, but yeah it's very in depth. I believe she is working on some video tutorials soon, saw it on a thread over on MM so you should probably check that out when they are done.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching