RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Need some help ...

Old 05-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Need some help ...

I need help getting this image ready for print.
What I need done :

-removing blemishes, freckles, unwanted hair...
-enhancing eyes
- anything else you guys find wrong with the photo.

I'm willing to learn all these steps you guys apply, and once I know "what to do" i can apply it myself to this same image.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/...666b9e14_b.jpg

Thank you very much in advance..
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Patron

Re: Need some help ...

Greg, it looks like some members did a lot of retouching for you on the other images you posted last week at the thread here:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post266375
I didn't see any feedback from you but I would think you would have been able to learn quite a bit from their efforts. So before people start working on this new image, why don't you post your effort to retouch it and point out where you might need some help or would like suggestions on how to improve it? Perhaps you could also tell us what editing s/w you use and what your skill level is?
Thanks & Regards,
Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Greg, it looks like some members did a lot of retouching for you on the other images you posted last week at the thread here:
http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/pho...tml#post266375
I didn't see any feedback from you but I would think you would have been able to learn quite a bit from their efforts. So before people start working on this new image, why don't you post your effort to retouch it and point out where you might need some help or would like suggestions on how to improve it? Perhaps you could also tell us what editing s/w you use and what your skill level is?
Thanks & Regards,
Murray

First off, i'm sorry I failed to post feedback on my other post but my purpose here on retouchpro has simply changed. At first I was looking to outsource my retouching work to someone maybe on this site, but the more I looked around, it came to me that, I would rather perhaps learn myself. So sorry for that.

As for me, I'm a beginner in Photoshop pretty much. Most the editing I've done in the past consisted of plug-ins and very little healing brush tool. I'm amazed from what I've seen on this site and actually have applied at a local school here for photoshop classes next semester. This website has surely boosted my enthusiasm as now i am eager to learn. As for software I'm using Adobe CS5 for mac.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM

I agree with mistermonday
or create new account and
farm work out for free at RetouchPRO
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Patron

Greg, thanks for the additional info.
As for the retouch, aside from the usually retouching, what special instructions do you have for the skin on woman's face? Some people ask to have freckles and birth marks left alone as they are permanent and partly define that person. Others like to have them lightened or softens/blurred a little, and still others like to have them removed completely. Each subject has her own preference and sensitivities in this regard. So it is always important to spell that out right up front.
Tks & Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Greg, thanks for the additional info.
As for the retouch, aside from the usually retouching, what special instructions do you have for the skin on woman's face? Some people ask to have freckles and birth marks left alone as they are permanent and partly define that person. Others like to have them lightened or softens/blurred a little, and still others like to have them removed completely. Each subject has her own preference and sensitivities in this regard. So it is always important to spell that out right up front.
Tks & Regards, Murray
generally, i wouldn't know where to begin here except for removing minor freckles, and unwanted hairs, which i've already gotten rid of. I've tried some skin smoothening techniques that haven't exactly panned out and i've tried taking the freckles out but to no avail. I keep looking at the Chris Tarantino banner up top and the before/after sample just amazes me. the end result of that is what i want generally to the picture i posted above. i've tried software plugins but they look fake, blotchy and very "photoshopped". The above image from chris tarantino is what i want to accomplish!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Patron

What you are looking for is really a good quality retouch and the lovely subjects you have presented certainly deserve one. Unfortunately I have more retouch work than I can handle right now from my regular customers. However, there may be other members here at RP who have extra time or would like to offer their services pro bono. If that does not work, you can hire someone to do it by reposting in the Classifieds forum here at RP.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM

Send the RAW to a free file server and post the link back here, try:
http://www.filefactory.com/
https://www.dropbox.com/
http://depositfiles.com
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching