Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Re: Offer

Originally Posted by Fatma View Post
i would love to find someone that will work with me in my company its a new company for fashion and commercial photography i'm looking for someone to retouch our photos, it's a paid job of course!

if anyones interested here are some photos and i'd love to see how you'll work with them and how creative can u be when ur retouching!
Originally Posted by Fatma View Post
thoes are just for testing all the photographers work for the company is not for test
Welcome to RetouchPRO

I may be way out of line here but there is no contact information, no website for references, no email, no business address, etc.,.... Maybe looking at this thread "Things that say "I'm not really a professional" would enhance your chances of getting some professional help.

We are not psychic and there are no samples or directions as to what your tastes are or the use of the final product.. we would much prefer to work on the same quality photos that will be presented as a JOB instead of some crap, reject pictures and told to try and make them presentation and print ready using lots of imagination and creativity (does that include swirls, moon shots, fairies, unicorns, complex composites, or just a cutout on a white background with/without shadows?)... If I were looking for work (which I am not) I would probably just blow this request off because of all the inadequacies, the bad juvenile text message type spelling and the lack of professionalism within the request.

If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here: Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads: (Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link in the thread, but also always attach an under 100K version (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

Other Hosts if you do not have your own site: (3Meg max, free) (2Meg max, free) (1 Meg max free, 5 Meg PRO) (100 Meg per file, free) post a link in the thread to the site that is hosting the larger image.

That said and knowing that I lack imagination and am completely out of the running for acquiring a position in your company I submit the following quickies just for the fun of it! ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4758492065_ce5d6c304b_b.jpg (192.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4758503349_6da3b52631_b.jpg (194.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 4759135912_dd9ec93024_b.jpg (191.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4759139052_2706b61af6_b.jpg (197.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 4759144844_3bfc7c8acf_b.jpg (196.7 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Re: Offer

I agree with Pictus, KTG, and OlBaldy, Fatma. If you need commercial jewelry/accessory photography you need a better photographer. If you want a useful impression of what people can do, editing-wise, you need to provide them with appropriate source material: RAWs at full size. And you need to provide them with a proper briefing.
It looks like you really need to think this one through again from the start.

How to post BIG files
If you want to make really BIG files (like those RAWs) available through this forum you can send them e.g. via (upto 2 gigabytes; that ought to be enough, right?) to your own email address. Those files won't clog your email INbox because you'll receive only a link to them. So open your email, open the message (it could be in your spambox!), copy the link that's in it, and then post that link here in your text. Then everybody here can download your BIG files by clicking that link.
The files will be available for 2 weeks after uploading.

And, like OlBaldy said, also attach sub 100K versions for the continuity of this thread.

Last edited by W.Smith; 07-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching