RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

What was used to create this?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 AM

What was used to create this?

I am trying to figure out what methods were used to create this type of retouching, if anyone knows that would be really great thanks folks!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...ti/loveit1.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Re: What was used to create this?

I can't tell what they used to do this work, but Dodge and Burn is the best way to achieve this kind of look. On the other hand being that the photo looks a bit over done I can think of surface blur, high pass sharpening and adjustment layers for color correction. I'm not a master in this topic or Ps, and I'm sure someone else more experienced can be more precise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneappetit View Post
On the other hand being that the photo looks a bit over done I can think of surface blur, high pass sharpening and adjustment layers for color correction. .
Sorry, it is "not" that looks over done, it looks more on the artificial side, like plastic (I don't mean it's not good work).

I went to the site of the artist who did this work, and I had the same feeling watching his/her works, it doesn't look like it was done using dodge and burn
(I can be wrong) it looks more like surface blur very well used. The artist knows very well how to deal with highlights, shadows and colors, so I guess this is very important too.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-13-2010, 11:51 PM

ok I have been trying to figure out exactly how to do the whole dodge and burn method to retouching, I took a look at the tutorial that they have here on this site about it but I am alil confused, how small of pixel level are we talking? When they say paint the dark pixels white and the white pixels dark are we talking each individual pixel? And if we are that sounds like an insane amount of work! lol please someone tell me I am wrong and there is a faster way!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 AM

What kind of a effect? The compositing?

lg Calvin
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystel_gotti View Post
ok I have been trying to figure out exactly how to do the whole dodge and burn method to retouching, I took a look at the tutorial that they have here on this site about it but I am alil confused, how small of pixel level are we talking? When they say paint the dark pixels white and the white pixels dark are we talking each individual pixel? And if we are that sounds like an insane amount of work! lol please someone tell me I am wrong and there is a faster way!
Hi krystel: No, you are right, D&B technique takes a long while to learn and apply, it is the longest process on retouching portraits, but it is also the real deal. There are other methods and they can look good too, but they'll never look as D&B. Here is a link to a practical and easy way to approach the technique. Good luck.

http://digital-makeups.deviantart.co...03123#/d26a2h2
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneappetit View Post
Hi krystel: No, you are right, D&B technique takes a long while to learn and apply, it is the longest process on retouching portraits, but it is also the real deal. There are other methods and they can look good too, but they'll never look as D&B. Here is a link to a practical and easy way to approach the technique. Good luck.

http://digital-makeups.deviantart.co...03123#/d26a2h2

I forgot to tell you, the use of a tablet when you do a retouch, cuts the time of work because it is much easier than using a mouse. Many people decide not to retouch with D&B after they see how much work it takes to apply the technique. Here in RPro, you can check the degrunge technique which is a nice and quick technique, it can give you fair results. Everyone has their own method of work, use the one you feel comfortable with, and keep looking for help and reading about the topic, this is a very broad field where one can always learn something new.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching