Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Post HDR Processing - How?

Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Post HDR Processing - How?

I've ready very many HDR tutorials and they are all pretty much the same... photomatix, 3 images, blah blah blah....

I have yet to find a decent tutorial on post production of the HDR image. I am interested in how people are able to achieve some of the nice effects after they have processed their image and I haven't found any decent tutorials online.

Here are a few examples of HDR image styles that I would like to learn how to replicate.

If anyone has some advice or can point me in the direction of some decent HDR tutorials I would greatly appreciate it: - This has a cool blue feel to it... was this done by whitebalance or later in PS? - I particularly like how there is a lot of orange in the picture. - This one the artist mentions his technique, however I am interested in how he was able to divide the sky into both yellow and blue and make it looks seamless - This one also has the sky fade in and out of two colors... I would like to know how this is done.

There is a lot of HDR out there and a lot of tutorials, but most of them do not go into processing after the fact.

I would love to hear ideas and opinions on POST HDR Processing.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Re: Post HDR Processing - How?

Much more than blah blah blah....

~~ HDR tutorial ~~
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM

thats one of the first HDR tutorials I've read when learning HDR.

It was informative but aside from removing ghosting and adding topaz effects afterwards, didn't go into much detail about post.

I have his Ebook on top 10 HDR mistakes and it's great... but I would love to see some sample workflows...

** Ooo I just noticed he has a DVD available... I may have to look into that... that is exactly the type of thing I was looking for
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 PM

May be its worth to take a Look at Dan Margulis Tuts on special i think of the Picture Postcard Workflow...

in another Thread it was said that Dan was Lab centric but thats absolutly not true in Part one and Two its all about RGB..but when it comes to Color in Part 3 then lab has a lot to offer...

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching