RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

How to get porcelain skin like Miles Adridge

Old 11-22-2012, 09:28 PM

Re: How to get porcelain skin like Miles Adridge

Hi! thanks for answering! If possible, i'd like to have a look of all of them, if i'm not asking too much of course!
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 PM

For the AIM RGB method, do the following (the link to download AIM might not work, try to find it somewhere) - Also, the following was lifted off the thread, it is not mine:
- Download this www.aim-dtp.net/aim/download/aim_profiles.zip
- Unzip
- Right click the profiles, and choose "Install". This makes them avail. in PS. C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color
(it's the AIM RGB we're looking for)

- Open a picture
- Edit - Convert to profile -> Adobe RGB (1998)
- Edit - Assign profile - AIM RGB
and again
- Edit - Convert to profile -> Adobe RGB (1998)
- Edit - Assign profile - AIM RGB
- Duplicate Background layer
- Set copy to Multiply
- Still on copy -> Blending Options - Alt-click "Underlying Layer" and drag the white(on the right) slider to about 112.
- Add a Curves layer, and drag the black slider to about "Input 25".

Channel mixer method, again, it is copy & paste:
Make adjustment layer type > Channel Mixer > Select "Monochromatic > Set Red = 0%, Green = 0%, Blue = 100% - OK

Set that layer's mode to Luminosity.

Make adjustment layer type > Channel Mixer > Select "Monochromatic > Set Red = 0%, Green = 100%, Blue = 0% - OK

Set that layer's mode to Screen at 80% opacity.

Make adjustment layer type > Channel Mixer > Select "Monochromatic > Set Red = 100%, Green = 0%, Blue = 0% - OK

Set that layer's mode to Multiply at 50% opacity.

And, here is the orignal settings you are looking for, they are simple to perform (use ACR instead of LR if you don't have LR, same thing):

There is a quick tip for this that i've been using for quite some time.
1. Import photo in Lightroom (2. or 3.)
2. In Lightroom presets you have Color creative - Cold tone. Apply to your image
3. Play with Exposure & Fill Light (pay attention only to skin, you need to be carefull not to kill your highlights)
4. When you satisfied with results then -> Mouse - Right click - Edit in - Open as smart object in Photoshop
5. In Photoshop - Put your original photo under this exported layer
6. Mask only the skin (or even hair) from exported photo, depends what you want to achive. of cource, adjust opacity of the layer..
7. Since this layer is exported as Smart object you can double click it, and do some tweaks if necessary, to match color or so.
7. Retouch skin it to look flawless and with all texture (D&B + Contures)
8. Perhaps you will need to bring back (or even paint yourself the make-up and do some additional color corection.

Another one, this time, using channel mixer:
There are many ways to achieve this look. There are filters, but they don't often produce the result you want.
One method I use is:
- A copy of the image with the skin heavily blurred
- A channel mixer adj layer above that set to monochrome and opacity backed off to keep the amount of color I want
- Another channel mixer adj layer above that set to screen with opacity adjusted to brighten / make the image high key
- A third channel mixer adj layer set to soft light and opacity adjusted to adjust the contrast
- A solid white layer on top of the stack with opaity adjusted way back with just enough to give the image a hazy milky white coating.
All of those layers allow you to make infinite adjustments to fine tune the effect. You can also use each layers' mask to selectively apply the effect only to crtain elements.
Regards, Murray0

Another method:
You can try to achieve this effect with three adjustment layers of the Channel Mixer.
One set to "Screen" (~80% opacity), the next one set to "Soft Light" (~50% opacity) and the last one set to "Normal" (~30% opacity). All three of them should have the "Monochrome" check box checked. You can also try and play with the different channels.

Edit: Ups, I forgot, you should of course mask in just the skin (e.g. put them in a group with a layer mask that affects just the skin).

And yet, another one - this one was created by someone called "Tangle", I can't find any link to him, but, all the images are his work:
- It starts with this image… relatively even and soft lighting are important. (the image is plain, even skin, the first attachment)
-Next convert it to greyscale using your favourite method. I use a channel mixer with emphasis on the red and green channels to keep the skin tones light.
-If the lighting is a bit uneven then use your favourite dodge/burning method to even out the tones.
- If the lighting is a bit uneven then use your favourite dodge/burning method to even out the tones.
- Now, the bright white effect, done with a curve adjustment layer. The exact shape of the curve will depend on your image, and it will take some fine-tuning to get the effect you want, but start with something like this (see attached curves image):
- Again, you may have to do some more subtle dodge/burning in order to even out the tones. If you have any areas that are brighter than the rest of the image, they will bleach-out first, and you’ll need to darken them a bit so you can lighten the whole image up. You should get something looking like this: (see second attachment)

Once again, none of the above is mine, I don't take any credit for it, nor do I take any credit for misspled words either

The attached files are for the very last method, the one with curves

I hope this helps...

P.S. Let me know if you don't have LR, I can export LR settings to a file that is readable by ACR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.JPG (25.6 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg after.JPG (19.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg curves.JPG (30.6 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Aladdin; 11-22-2012 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Found some info regarding Tangle...
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 PM

this is his -Tangle- site, there is tutorial there some wher www.alexwilsonphoto.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM

You have to clean skin and add some highlights. Download free raw photo on retouchbox.com and try this effect.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2012, 03:53 PM

AMAZING! thank you so much! I really appreciate your time and answer!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM

That’s very simple to follow thank you
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM

Also very interested in some help with settings, thank you so much in advance... jmarch24@gmail.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjohnny View Post
Also very interested in some help with settings, thank you so much in advance... jmarch24@gmail.com
What help are you looking for? please be specific.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching