RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Skin Smooth

Old 11-09-2010, 08:57 AM

Talking Re: Skin Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetes View Post
Is this Plugin good for Mac Osx too? or it's just for PC?
I often use Portraiture and I think it's fine.......is thi SkinSmooth better than Portraiture?
Works on Mac and Windows. I use Mac.

Last night i downloaded a free trial of Portraiture (never used it before). And I did some comparison tests with Smooth skin plug-in for around half an hour switching back and forth. I don't know much about technical terminology but will try to explain here in short, although I'm sure i need to do further trials.

Portraiture has some more setting tools, but a bit difficult to deal with. the one thing I found very nice about the program (or plug-in) not exactly sure of what it is... is the color settings which you can check on the fly before you render to Ps. The plug-in opens in it's own window until you render it.

Long story short Skin Smooth results are far better than portraiture and much faster, I guess ShadowLight concentrated all the features only in "3" sliders but the plug-in does a beautiful work as you can see here in Flora's samples.

The bottom line is (at least in my opinion) Portraiture can be good giving the pictures that drawing or painting look, but Smooth Skin is the plug-in to retouch. (Again, am not expert and i could be wrong) i'm speaking by myself on my own tests results.

Last edited by Boneappetit; 11-09-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 AM

Re: Skin Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by amica999 View Post
My name is as italian as it can be...:-) no problems so far
so it's not the Italian name either

the server I use allows direct links, so it shouldn't had been a problem for anyone to download the files (unless the servers are down, which sometimes happens but it's only for a few min.) so I'm not sure why some people (although very few) have problems with downloading them.

if anyone has difficulty downloading, send me a private message with your e-mail, and I'll send you the files.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Hi Shadow.

A problem I am having is this: when I click on "rasterize" it does rasterize it but then it greys it out and wont let me rasterize the remaining two created skin-smooth layer. Am I doing something wrong? I just downloaded the 2.5 version.
Thanks

Dak
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Paule View Post
Hi Shadow.

A problem I am having is this: when I click on "rasterize" it does rasterize it but then it greys it out and wont let me rasterize the remaining two created skin-smooth layer. Am I doing something wrong? I just downloaded the 2.5 version.
Thanks

Dak
When you click "rasterize" it should become inactive (as you can't dynamically change the layer anymore).

When you click a second "SmoothSkin" layer it should get activated again (and be possible to dynamically adjust and click "rasterize" again).

If that does not help, try clicking (selecting) the background layer and back to the SmoothSkin layer (which is not rasterized) and see if it activates.

Let me know what CS version you are using.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLight View Post
When you click "rasterize" it should become inactive (as you can't dynamically change the layer anymore).

When you click a second "SmoothSkin" layer it should get activated again (and be possible to dynamically adjust and click "rasterize" again).

If that does not help, try clicking (selecting) the background layer and back to the SmoothSkin layer (which is not rasterized) and see if it activates.

Let me know what CS version you are using.
Hi Shadow,

When I click on a second layer, it does not become activated again, it remains "greyed out" even when I click on the background layer and then back on the SmoothSkin layer. I am using CS5 and my OS is Vista. No one else has reported this problem?

Thanks,

Dak
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Hi Shadow,

When I click on a second layer, it does not become activated again, it remains "greyed out" even when I click on the background layer and then back on the SmoothSkin layer. I am using CS5 and my OS is Vista. No one else has reported this problem?

Thanks,

Dak
if someone else has this problem I would like to know too

here it works ok... but do you have other panels installed/working?
maybe it is possible that another panel (extension) is interfering

if you like send me your psd that does not work, and the files of SkinSmooth application you use at the moment (to make sure I test it here with same version you are using now)

PhotonMayhem@gmail.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLight View Post
if someone else has this problem I would like to know too

here it works ok... but do you have other panels installed/working?
maybe it is possible that another panel (extension) is interfering

if you like send me your psd that does not work, and the files of SkinSmooth application you use at the moment (to make sure I test it here with same version you are using now)

PhotonMayhem@gmail.com
Hi Shadow,

Here is something interesting. I had previously downloaded SkinSmooth version 2.0 on my laptop which is running CS5 and OS Windows 7 (64 bit) and it rasterizes like it is suppose to on all layers, no problem. But...I just now downloaded Skinsmooth version 2.5 on my laptop and it has the same rasterization problem I experienced with the new 2.5 version on my desktop computer. So..... I am using different computers and working on different files and having the same problem but only with v2.5 and not 2.0.

Dak

Dak
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Hi Shadow,

Here is something interesting. I had previously downloaded SkinSmooth version 2.0 on my laptop which is running CS5 and OS Windows 7 (64 bit) and it rasterizes like it is suppose to on all layers, no problem. But...I just now downloaded Skinsmooth version 2.5 on my laptop and it has the same rasterization problem I experienced with the new 2.5 version on my desktop computer. So..... I am using different computers and working on different files and having the same problem but only with v2.5 and not 2.0.

Dak

Dak
hmm interesting... make sure you don't have both versions running...
I assume you downloaded the CS5 version... I'll redownload and retest those files just in case...

edit:.. just downloaded and tested the files for v.2.5 and they do work here

so I'm not sure why this happens on your machines...
try to download again and overwrite the files

(so far you are the only one that has reported this problem)
-

Last edited by ShadowLight; 11-10-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Patron

A big thank you for posting this. Have just started to experiment with it in CS5

Cheers
Tony
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2010, 11:38 AM

I'm having the same problem as Dak Paule. I'm using 2.5 on OSX with CS4. Can't rasterize another layer after doing the first layer. And maybe I'm not doing something correctly, but I can't use the a white brush on the layer mask after its rasterized as you do in the video. My rasterize layer also looks different from yours in the video. Isn't it supposed to keep the smart object icon?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching