RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

RetouchPRO really pisses me off sometimes.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 AM

Re: RetouchPRO really pisses me off sometimes.

First In general this is a really good site
2nd the information provided on here is usually how That person works also remember depending on what your client wants
I mean if a client wants 1000 wedding photos done cheap your not spendind hours on each photo
This is a starting off place not a school keep up the great site retouchpro
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2010, 03:47 AM

I'd just like to say that I find it fantastic that the pro's that do frequent this place are willing to share their knowledge and skills with those of us who come here to learn, and they deserve respect for doing so.

I was also noodling around on MM yesterday, and noticed that in their useful links section, they point to the tutorial section here as a great place to learn
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2010, 09:03 AM

If you have done anything at all, for any length
of time, you will develop your own style, tailored
to your own strengths, abilities and needs. There
is no "right way" but there are a few standard ways.

Books are full of "standards" written by a few authors.
When we communicate, as in this forum, we are actually
telling others, what works best for us. Please don't stop
posting because you may do things differently from the
"standard", generally accepted way of doing things.

This forum is rich because of the diversity of opinions and
techniques. Even techniques that may not be considered
right by others.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM

I am sorry for the way that you are feeling with regards to Modelmayhem, RetouchPro and otherwise.

I cannot speak for the masses here, but I HAVE discovered one thing which I have to bring to light in your statement: It was only until a month ago that I learned 90% of the things I learned from RP was WRONG (thank you, ModelMayhem retouching forum).

Retouching, like photography is an artform. There is no "wrong" way of doing anything. There are more efficient ways. If a person wants to work with blur and does a great job with it doesn't make it "wrong" it is just a matter of choice. Every technique that you've learned here, or Modelmayhem, or DeviantArt is just that: A technique. Photoshop, like a camera is a tool. You learn to work with it to the best of your ability to produce the image of your liking. It is up to you to separate what works well for you and what doesn't.

I've learned a lot from the amateurs as well as the pros on this website. I just pick and choosed what worked well for me, and is discarded what didn't but NONE of it was wrong.

Dallas J. Logan
www.dallasjlogan.com
www.lightislight.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2011, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASJLOGAN View Post

Retouching, like photography is an artform. There is no "wrong" way of doing anything. There are more efficient ways. If a person wants to work with blur and does a great job with it doesn't make it "wrong" it is just a matter of choice. Every technique that you've learned here, or Modelmayhem, or DeviantArt is just that: A technique. Photoshop, like a camera is a tool. You learn to work with it to the best of your ability to produce the image of your liking. It is up to you to separate what works well for you and what doesn't.

I've learned a lot from the amateurs as well as the pros on this website. I just pick and choosed what worked well for me, and is discarded what didn't but NONE of it was wrong.

Dallas J. Logan
www.dallasjlogan.com
www.lightislight.com
I so agree with you, whichever your photoshop "poison" is

When i look back at my opening posts i cringe now, but it was a starting point and we all have to start somewhere and maybe the original poster will eventually realise that he started here and be grateful for the encouragement and lessons he learnt here

Oh and then go on and find some manners

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 AM

Retouching is a solitary occupation and it's easy to become both isolated and blinkered in our approach to image manipulation. I am a new member and have already discovered loads of new ways to use the 'old' tools. If posters don't get anything from the site the sensible thing to do is stay away. Duh. RP is a free forum to exchange views and tips which it does very well; expectations beyond that are fanciful.
R.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching