RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo Retouching "Improving" photos, post-production, correction, etc.

Please help me retouch

Old 12-03-2010, 02:41 PM

Please help me retouch

I have a series of pictures of my friend's granddaughter that I took at her Baptism. Lighting wasn't very good and I didn't use a flash so there's a lot of noise from the high ISO settings. I'm wanting to give a collage of the photos to my friend for Christmas, but the pictures, in general, are not very good. I'm not well versed at using Photoshop or other photo editing software so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making some suggestions to impove the quality or do some editing or touching up to these photos so that they would look decent enough for a Christmas gift. Here is a link to the set on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/...hotos/jason...7625378913187/
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:48 PM

Re: Please help me retouch

Welcome to retouchpro.com!!!

We would love to help you but the link does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjeremiah View Post
I have a series of pictures of my friend's granddaughter that I took at her Baptism. Lighting wasn't very good and I didn't use a flash so there's a lot of noise from the high ISO settings. I'm wanting to give a collage of the photos to my friend for Christmas, but the pictures, in general, are not very good. I'm not well versed at using Photoshop or other photo editing software so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making some suggestions to impove the quality or do some editing or touching up to these photos so that they would look decent enough for a Christmas gift. Here is a link to the set on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/...hotos/jason...7625378913187/
Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM

Sorry, try this http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonje...7625378913187/
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2010, 04:34 PM

Hello jasonjeremiah, Your pictures were very nice.

Warm welcome to Retouchpro forum!

I cannot copy & save your photo from Flickr.
A photo need to rotate here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonje...7625378913187/
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Patron

Lynn55, you need to click on the thumbmail, then on the large image, then on the links marked with the image sizes.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Patron

JasonJeremiah, there are different things wrong with each picture. You would be best to start by opening each image in the Camera RAW module of Photoshop and make some basic adjustments with the Exposure, Recovery, Contrast, Brightness, Color Balance, Red Eye Reduction, etc. After you open the images in Photoshop you can work on the things that you can not fix in Camera RAW. If you post an image at that point where you are stuck, someone here will no doubt offer some specific recommendations.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 AM

Excuse my ignorance, by I can open the images in the Canon RAW module even though they are jpegs, not RAW?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 AM

hi! depends on the version of Photoshop that you use...The ACR that comes with my CS4 does it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Patron

If you have Photosop, you do File > Open As. Then from the pull down menu of file types, select Camera Raw( .TIF, .CRW, .NEF, .RAW, .JPG....). Then just navigate to where your JPG or TIFF file is stored on your drive. It will open in the Camera RAW module presenting you with all of the sliders and options. If you make some changes, PS will save a small file (type is .XMP) along with you edited file. The next time you double click your JPG file it will automatically open up in Camera Raw and display your last settings. If in future you do not want the edited file to open in Camera Raw you just simply delete that >XMP file.
Regards, Murray
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjeremiah View Post
Thanks for your help!
its sad to see your not getting any help.
try this site
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1006
i give it one day and you will have many people giving you some help.
tell them what size of collage your looking for.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo Retouching